When was the last time you checked your social media profile? Irrespective of the platform you scrolled through, try to remember what type of content you engaged with? Compare the time you spent reading a long-worded post, checking out a well-shot image, and watching a video or video snippet. Chances are you spent the most time on the videos. That may be the most important marketing insight you get to prepare your marketing strategy for 2021.
Engaging your audience with videos is a great idea. But what if you are just starting? Do you have the budget needed to shoot and edit the videos with expensive video editing software? If you are like most startups, chances are you don’t. No need to worry, though!
If you are ready to put in the effort and work diligently on building your brand, several tools are available to support you on your journey. All you need is a good internet connection and information about the different online video editors available in the market.
To help you make the right decision, here is a list of some of the best online video editors available in the market. Identify which works the best for you and nail your video marketing strategy well within your budget.
- A huge collection of standard templates catering to different industries
- Allows the user to upload their images, videos, and music to create the video
- Multiple user-friendly tools to add effects, text, transitions to the video
- Create and preview options while editing the video
- Ability to download without the watermark in different formats
- Provision to add voice overs (VO) and text-to-speech functionality
- The maximum time of a video is restricted to 15 minutes
FlexClip – Another powerful and popular online video editor, FlexClip, helps you create your desired videos within a short period.
- Stock images and videos available for use
- Numerous fonts, effects, and transitions available to make the video more engaging
- Final video can be downloaded in different formats depending on the desired platform
- Voiceover feature available to add to the video
- Restriction on the video duration for the free plan is at 60 seconds. For longer videos, the prices are on the expensive side.
- Download quality of the videos using the free version is restricted to 480p.
WeVideo – This is another good choice for someone looking for an online video editor with its free and paid plans.
- Allows users to upload their images and videos for editing
- Downloaded video does not have the company watermark
- Allows addition of static text and markers on the video during editing
- Limited number of Stock images and videos available
- The interface is not very intuitive and may confuse beginners
ClipChamp – A feature-rich tool, this is not just an online video editor. Instead, it offers multiple other features like webcam-based recording, conversion of videos, and even compression for a better output.
- Multiple features giving a complete video creation experience and not just editing
- Drag and drop features in an intuitive interface, allowing first-time users to get familiarised easily
- The final video can be downloaded without a watermark
- There is a restriction on the quality of the exported video for the free account.
- Customized branding options like usage of brand colours etc. is restricted only to the paid account.
Animoto – A cost-effective online video editor which also has a free version,
- Huge collection of templates, images, video clips, and even music
- Allows using custom brand components like colours, logo, etc.
- The drag and drop feature makes it easy to be learned by beginners.
- Restricted access to stock libraries and fonts with the free version
Wideo – A paid online video editor has a free trial for a week before you upgrade.
- Variety of options for templates, animation effects
- Provision to upload directly to Facebook or YouTube (only in paid plans)
- Facebook or YouTube accounts that can be used is restricted to one
- Very limited features available during the free trial
Powtoon – Have a purpose in mind for the video you want to create, e.g., creating an explainer video? Powtoon is the online video editor to go to.
- Simple and intuitive interface with drag and drop functionality
- Supports a variety of animation effects to make more engaging videos
- Watermark present in downloaded videos for the free version
8. Wave Video
Wave Video – Looking to create a highly customized video with your videos, images, and music? This is one online video editor you must check out.
- Availability of tutorials to help familiarize with the platform
- Customization available with the user being allowed to upload their images, videos, etc.
- Downloaded video quality is restricted in free version
- Using the free version, only limited duration (15 seconds) videos can be exported
RenderForest – An extremely intuitive interface makes this a good choice for someone looking to find an online video editor.
- Voiceovers can be added
- High-quality videos can be downloaded without the watermark
- The output video can be downloaded to YouTube, Facebook, or on the computer
- Restricted quality videos can be downloaded using the free version
- The videos cannot be created from scratch. They have to be created using available templates
Kizoa – Looking to create professional-style videos on a budget? This is a wonderful online video editor to help you meet your goal
- Vast selection of transitions and themes
- Themes can be supplemented with the music, images, video clips, and effects of user’s choice
- The interface is not very intuitive, making it difficult for beginners to use
Moovly – Designed to keep the marketing aspects in mind, this is a great online video editor for specifically creating marketing videos.
- Provision to automate custom templates, making it extremely useful to create marketing campaigns with similar themes.
- Option to connect to the email list giving the flexibility to interact with the audience using personalized videos.
- Not an intuitive interface and takes a bit of getting used to the editor