Database connection confirmation failure follow the Error code: -6129, 0
Some other common Quickbooks error codes include: -6123, 0 -6209, 0 -6150, 0 -1006, 0.
This error also indicates that it is caused by the fact that several users have access to the files and do not allow the user to connect. In this article we will discuss some of the reasons why it can be initiated and suggest possible solutions for its complete elimination. Follow the instructions carefully and accurately to avoid conflicts.
What is QuickBooks
QuickBooks is small business accounting software used by companies to manage sales and expenses and track their daily operations. You can bill customers, pay bills, create planning reports, file tax returns, and more. The QuickBooks product line includes many solutions that are suitable for everyone, from individual assistants to mid-sized companies.
Why Does This Error Happen?
Here are a few reasons that can cause this problem:
- If the antivirus is running on your system when creating a new file.
- If the network data files are corrupted.
- If you are updating your business files from an older version of QuickBooks without using your administrator’s ID to log on to your Windows system.
- If the client machine domain does not match the server domain.
How To Fix Error Code -6129, 0 on QuickBooks
Solution 1: Make Sure All Computers are in the Same Domain.
A domain is a type of computer network maintained by an IT professional. If you are using a domain, please contact the person responsible for setting up your network.
Solution 2: Renaming QuickBooks Network Descriptor Files.
- Find .nd. Files on your system’s hard drive where the QuickBooks corporate file share is located.
- Right-click the Network Descriptor file with the name of the QuickBooks corporate file and select Rename.
- Enter the OLD, if you enter a file name, press Enter, and you will be asked to enter the file name: Company file name.qbw.nd.OLD).
- If you find the file on multiple systems, follow these steps. If you are using QuickBooks software on the same system, you can open the company file right away.
- Click the Windows Start button and select Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks > QuickBooks database server manager.
- Click Scan Folder.
- If the folder containing the company file is not present, click Add Folder and add it.
- Click Scan.
- When you are finished scanning, click Close.
- Open the QuickBooks file.
Solution 3: Restart your Computer using Safe Mode.
Restarting your computer in Safe Mode will not allow a third-party application to prevent QuickBooks Desktop from working. You can also try to temporarily disable your antivirus or third-party security software. Please contact the manufacturer of your program for information about the steps.
Solution 4: Activate the Service
If the “QBCFMonitorService” is disabled by the user or Windows, this error may occur. Therefore, at this point we will open the Service Management window and activate the service. For this:
- Before continuing, make sure that all QuickBooks are closed.
- Click Windows + R to open the execution request.
- Enter services.msc and press Enter to open the Service Management window.
- Scroll down and double-click on the QBFCMonitorService entry.
- Click on the “Start Type” option and select “Automatic”.
- Click the Start button to start the service.
- The same applies to all QuickBooks related services.
- Check to see if the problem persists.
Solution 5: Log in to Windows as an Administrator.
Try opening another company file. To update the company file, you must be logged in to Windows as an administrator. If you do not have an administrator’s login, contact Windows Support or an IT professional for help.
Solution 6: Create Another Folder and Move the Corporate QuickBooks Files.
- Create a new folder.
- Edit the corporate QuickBooks files in the folder you last created.
- If you are using QuickBooks on your computer, there is no need to open the corporate QuickBooks file with the new folder.
- However, if you are accessing the same file on your computer, you will need to go to the next step.
- Click the Windows Start button and select Programs, then QuickBooks, then the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Select the Scan option.
- If no other folder contains a company file, click Add Folder to add it.
- Click on the Scan option.
- After scanning is complete, select the Close option.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks file.
We discussed here how you can troubleshoot and solve the QuickBooks -6129, 0 error code issue. We have lined up a few options for you to solve this problem. Make sure you do your homework by reviewing the resources we discussed to help you get your business back on track with Quickbooks.BLACK FRIDAY 2022: Check out these can’t be missed trending deals for Black Friday 2022.