Mobile phones have become an extension of ourselves. If you want to know where someone is or where they have been, you can do that by finding out where their cell phone has been.
Back in the day, this was done by tracing the sim card in the phone and triangulating its location with reference to cell towers. Technology has made it way easier now. You can now locate someone by cell phone number with the accuracy of inches.
Why You Might Need to Locate Someone’s Phone
In the broader sense, it feels like an intervention into someone’s privacy if you try to locate their phone. However, life can present us with situations where privacy becomes a smaller thing, and we need to keep an eye on someone’s location.
Reasons when the need for checking someone’s whereabouts transcends privacy and personal space include:
- When you want to keep an eye on the activities of a teenager, you need to make sure they are not sneaking into bars or doing other things not suitable for their age. Also, you might need apps that block apps which may have a negative impact on your child.
- If your partner is not faithful to you and you want to know whether they actually go to another city to attend a workshop or are in a hotel two blocks away.
- When you need to make sure your elderly relatives are safe and are where they are supposed to be.
- You might need to make sure that a friend suffering from addiction is keeping away from bad company.
When faced with such situations, you need to be able to check the location of the other person, and you need to do it without them noticing – that is the important point. If they know you can check their location, this whole thing cannot work.
How Can You Locate Someone Else’s Phone?
We tested a number of methods to find someone’s location by cell phone number. It turns out there are several different ways that can be used for the purpose, with each one having its own pros and cons. Here’s what we found out:
Use the Default Phone Locator App
All modern phones come with a native app that can be used to locate the phone. This app is called Find My Device on Android and Find iPhone on iOS devices. These apps come with their own sets of pros and cons and are not the best for the use case we are considering, to say the least.
Pros of Using Native Phone Locator Apps:
- They are free to use.
- The result is accurate.
However, if you want to use these apps to find people’s location by cell phone number, it comes with some limitations.
Cons of Using Native Phone Locator Apps:
- You’ll need to know the Apple/Google ID and password.
- The person will get an immediate notification when you locate them.
- You can only find out the current location and will not be able to track where they’ve been earlier.
Using Spy Apps
If you want to locate someone by cell number, the best way to do that is to use a spy app.
These apps are stealthy pieces of software that can be installed on the phone of the target. They work in the background and can record the location of the target and send it to you.
While doing the research for this article, we considered a number of spy apps, and based on the features they offer and the views users have about them, we found that the best option on the market right now is mSpy.
It is a multifunction spy app that you can use to keep an eye on all the activity happening on a device.
Why Should You Choose mSpy?
What makes mSpy the best app for location tracking is that it is not just a location tracker. It is an all-in-one solution. You can use it on Android as well as iOS devices. The functions that make mSpy the best app on the market include:
- You can see the real-time location of the target on a detailed map showing where they are.
- You can set a specific time interval and see where the target has been over the specified time interval.
- You can see a detailed list of places where the target has been with the GPS coordinates and time.
Those are just the location determining features. mSpy also makes it possible for you to have complete control over the locations the target visits. These features include:
- Making unlimited allowed and prohibited zones for the target.
- Getting a notification every time the target leaves or enters a zone, for example, a school or dangerous neighborhood.
- Monitoring what the frequency of visiting the marked zones is.
How to Find Someone’s GPS Location by Cell Phone Number for Free?
If you want to track someone by just their phone number, that is impossible.
It can only be done by the mobile company that provides cellular phone services to the target. At the time of getting these services, the target signs an agreement with the company. And that agreement prohibits the company from disclosing its location to anyone except a handful of cases.
You’ll need at least the approval of a judge to get that information from a cellular service provider, and the location they provide will lead you to the city block the target is in. It does not get any more accurate than that.
There can be a number of different cases where you might want to locate someone’s cell phone. Now there are a number of ways to do that, but the best method is to use spy apps.
Of all the spy apps that we tested, mSpy provides the best results and the most comprehensive set of features. Trying to find someone’s GPS location by cell phone number for free is not feasible as that requires orders from law-enforcing and judiciary authorities; otherwise, the cellular service provider just won’t disclose the information. Spy apps are, hence, exactly what average users may be looking for.