Having a two-factor authentication or two-step verification in place when logging in to your Amazon account can keep it safe and secured. Amazon will send a one-time password or OTP to verify your account before you sign in successfully. This is especially useful if you want to sign in on new devices whether using the Amazon website or the mobile app. The OTP is unique set of numbers and applicable for a few minutes. It usually comes as an SMS text message or a voice call on your mobile phone.
An OTP will prevent hackers from getting access to your Amazon account. It will also create another level of verification and protection in case someone else knows your Amazon password.
Unfortunately, there are issues where the Amazon OTP is not coming through or not working for users everytime they try to login in to their accounts. For instance, the OTP code is being sent but did not arrive on your Android mobile phone or Apple iPhone. If you try resending the OTP, it will show the error message, “There was a problem. Please wait for at least one minute before requesting another OTP.” However, many users continue to wait for more than 10 minutes without any success in logging in to their Amazon accounts.
How to Troubleshoot & Resolve Amazon OTP Code Not Working or Sent but Not Receiving Issue
There can be various reasons why your Amazon OTP is not working and you can’t verify your account. But, you can try to troubleshoot the problem and fix it with several solutions indicated below.
Solution #1 – Clear your Browser Cache
- If you are using Google Chrome, click the three-dotted icon or More button.
- Select More tools.
- Choose Clear browsing data.
- Set the Time Range to All Time.
- Check the boxes next to cookies and cache.
- Click Clear Data.
- For Mozilla Firefox, navigate to Options.
- Go to Privacy and Security.
- Head over to the Cookies and Site Data to clear the cache.
- Safari users can go to Preferences.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Click the Show Develop menu in the menu bar.
- Go to the Develop tab.
- Select Empty Caches.
Solution #2 – Restart your Mobile Device
Your mobile phone may be the reason why you cannot receive the Amazon OTP. Reboot your mobile device to refresh the connection. Try resending the OTP.
Solution #3 – Change the Location Where to Receive the OTP
Amazon allows users to select where they want to receive the OTP. You can receive it as a text message, an automated phone call, or email whenever available.
Solution #4 – Switch to a Different Browser or Device
The problem may be with the browser you use. You can try logging in to your Amazon account via a different web browser. If it does not work, try switching to a different device. For instance, you can open the Amazon website on your mobile browser and not on your computer.
Solution #5 – Check your Amazon Account
Make sure you have the correct information on your Amazon accounts, such as your address, name, and mobile number.
Solution #6 – Recover your Amazon Account
If you continue to experience an OTP failure on your Amazon account, you can recover it.
- On any web browser, go to https://www.amazon.com/a/recover/upload.
- Upload documents that will verify your identity as the account owner.
- Amazon will process the verification and send you an email once done.
Solution #7- Contact Amazon Support
- On any browser, go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=508510.
- You can select Login, address, security, & privacy.
- Enter your details and wait for Amazon support to contact you.
- Another way is to call them on 1-888-280-4331.
Were you able to fix the Amazon OTP error? You can tell us in the comment section below.