Windows 10 Mail app organizes all your email messages in one mail client platform. You can see your Inbox, Sent, Drafts, and more from all your email accounts. It is easier to manage all your messages in multiple accounts with just a few clicks.
However, some users experience an error when they use the Microsoft Mail app search feature in Windows 10 PC. The search tool is not working. When they click the search results on their Windows mail app, the messages gradually disappear. If this is happening to you, it is frightening to see your emails disappearing before your eyes.
Fortunately, There are ways you can do when you encounter an error. You can fix the issue with your Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app using some proven troubleshooting methods. Continue reading below to know these steps.
How to Fix Windows 10 Mail App Not Working, Email Search Results Disappearing on Click
If the email search tool on Windows Mail app is not working, you can try each method one at a time and check if it brings back your email messages when searching. Some users claim that they see their emails again after a simple reboot of their computer.
Method #1 – Restart your Computer
- Quit your Windows 10 Mail app. You may also want to End Task of the application by going to the Task Manager.
- Restart your computer.
- After rebooting, launch your Windows 10 Mail app and try the search query again.
Method #2 – Power Cycle your Network Device
It may be a problem with your WiFi Internet network signal. Power cycling your network devices can help refresh your connection.
- Exit all applications and turn off your computer.
- Unplug your modem and router.
- Wait for at least 1 minute before plugging them back in.
- Connect to the Internet and relaunch your Windows 10 Mail app.
Method #3 – Edit your Windows 10 Mail Settings
- Launch your Windows 10 Mail app.
- On the left panel, select the account that has the issue.
- Click the Gear icon at the bottom.
- Go to Manage accounts.
- Choose your account.
- Select Change Mail Box Sync Settings.
- Look for Download Email from and click the down-arrow.
- Select Any Time.
- Click Done.
- Restart your computer.
Method #4 – Update your Windows 10 Mail app
- Open the Microsoft Store App. You may use the Search button.
- On the Search box at the upper right corner, enter Mail.
- Select Mail and Calendar or click here to go to the page directly.
- Click the Update button.
Did any of the methods above fix your Windows 10 Mail app error? Which one did? You can tell us by writing a comment below.STILL HAVING ISSUES? Try this tool to troubleshoot Windows errors and safely optimize system performance