There are a lot of browsers available online for your Android phone aside from the top ones. Each browser has its unique advantage and feature that made many loyal users. In some cases, one device may have more than two browsers installed. However, there is always one browser that we go to every time.
Opening a link from social media or emails will always appear on the default browser set on your Android device. But, what if you don’t like that default browser? What if you want another browser to act as the default?
You can always change your default browser on your Android device. It is easy to do, and you can change it at any time. Check out the steps below to find out how to make Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Brave or Vivaldi as your default phone browser.
Changing the Default Browser on your Android Phone
- First, launch the Settings of your Android device.
- Look for Apps and click to open.
- On the upper-right corner, tap the three-dotted icon.
- Select the Default apps.
- Look for the Browser app. It will show you the current default browser on your device.
- If you want to change it, look for your preferred browser and tap it.
That’s it! Now, anytime you want to organize your links or try another browser, you can follow the steps and change your default browser. If you come across a new browser, all you have to do is download and install it first on your Android device before setting it as default.
How to Install a Browser on Android Device
- Launch the Google Play Store.
- Search for the name of the browser you want to install.
- Tap install and wait for the process to finish.
Keep in mind that the links you open on social media are using the default browser in the social media app. You can direct it to the browser app by tapping the menu button, and choose to open it in the default browser.
Did the article help you? Tell us in the comments below.