While using the browser to access Amazon Prime Video offers seamless experience if you have a stable internet connection a dedicated app offers more. The newly launched app for Windows allows offline downloads for shows you want to watch somewhere where internet connection is not available.
Now you can watch movies and TV shows that you like including Amazon Originals like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Boys, Hunters, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, and a whole lot more.
Amazon is joining the big league in the streaming industry such as Netflix, Disney Plus and HBO Max in catering to the specific needs of Windows desktop users. With these streaming platforms stepping up their games, end-users like us will definitely be on the receiving end of the benefits they bring.
Amazon Prime Video for Windows Desktop App Features
Here are some useful stuff you can do with the Amazon Prime Video desktop app for Windows 10 that otherwise not available when you are using a browser.
- Now, you can download videos to watch offline – anywhere, anytime you want.
- Rent or buy thousands of titles including new release movies, popular TV shows, and more (availability depending on your country/region).
- Prime members can subscribe to more than 150 premium and specialty channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Cinemax through Prime Video Channels. Just pay for the channels you want and cancel anytime (not available in all countries/regions).
- Using the app, you can view IMDb information about the actors, songs, and trivia for videos as you stream with its X-Ray feature.
How to Download and Install Amazon Prime Video for Windows Desktop App
The Amazon Prime Video for Windows app is now live on Microsoft Store so in order to install it on your PC, just follow these steps:
- Go to the official Microsoft Store listing of the app.
- Check if your computer specifications meet the minimum system requirements to run the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Click “Get” to install the app to your Windows 10 computer.
That’s it! Now you can catch up with your favorite shows and movies from Amazon Prime Video. The app is totally free but you need to have an Amazon Prime subscription to access its content. It costs £7.99/$8.99 a month or £79/$119 for a yearly subscription. Aside from the Amazon Prime Video access, you will also get the full benefits of being a Prime member.
How do you find the new streaming app from Amazon? Is it running smoothly on your computer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.