Apple recently launched Apple AirTags smart Bluetooth tracker that will help users find lost or misplaced items and keep track of them. It is an iPhone accessory that you can use with your Apple’s Find My app. Now, you can attach the AirTags to any of your personal belongings, so it is easier to find.
Apple AirTags are lightweight and water-resistant. You can attach it to anything without compromising the weight and bulk of your items. It comes with a U1 chip that makes locating your things more accurate, precise, and effective. You can find the items as the AirTag makes a sound if nearby.
You can purchase the Apple AirTags for $29 per one pack. If you want to buy four packs, you can save as you only have to pay $99. Each Apple AirTag can only use one user’s Apple ID. Once you purchase your AirTag, you can only link your Apple ID. It means that you cannot share your AirTags with anyone.
But, what if you want to give someone your old AirTags? What if you plan to sell your extra AirTags? Or what if you want to associate and link your AirTags to another Apple ID? To allow other users to use your AirTags or associate it with another Apple ID, you will need to perform a factory reset on the device. That way, it will unlink your Apple ID and your AirTags are free to be set up from scratch again.
CHECK OUT: Latest Deals on Apple AirTags and Accessories at Amazon Right Now!
Resetting your Apple AirTags to factory settings can also fix common issues like device not working, and Bluetooth tracker not pairing or connecting.
How to Perform Factory Reset on Apple AirTags Bluetooth Tracker using an iPhone
The process to reset your Apple AirTags to factory settings is easy. Follow each of the steps below until you have successfully remove the device from your Apple ID.
- On your AirTag, look for the stainless steel battery cover. Press it down.
- Rotate it counterclockwise until it stops.
- You can now remove the cover.
- Remove the battery.
- Put the battery back in.
- Press it down until it is making a sound.
- After the sound ends, do the process again four more times. Follow the steps above. Make sure you end up with five sounds in total.
- Now, place the cover back on your AirTag. Make sure to align the three tabs and the three slots in your AirTag.
- After aligning, press the cover down until it makes a sound.
- Rotate it clockwise until it stops.
SEE ALSO: How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy SmartTag/SmartTag+
How to Remove Apple ID on Find My App on iPhone or iPad to Reset AirTags
You can also remove your Apple ID through the Find My app on your iOS device. The process will effectively reset Apple AirTags smart tracker to factory settings.
- First, set your AirTag within Bluetooth range.
- Launch the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the AirTag that you want to remove.
- Swipe the screen upwards to open the settings.
- Tap Remove Item.
- Tap Remove.
- Tap Remove again to confirm.
Keep track of and find your lost items alongside friends and devices in the Find My app using Apple AirTags!
What are your reasons for doing a factory reset on your Apple AirTags Bluetooth smart tracker? We are curious to know. You can share them with us down below.