If you are into music, you will love the millions of songs you can listen to and stream on Apple Music. You can tune in to live radio and exclusive playlists as well as podcasts in different genres. There are also songs with lyrics view for you to sing along. With Apple Music, you can access your favorite hits on different Apple computer and mobile devices as well as Android and Windows computers.
Apple Music Individual subscription costs $9.99 per month. With this streaming plan, you can listen to ad-free music and download thousands of songs to your library. But, if you are a student currently enrolled in a degree-granting university or college in the US and anywhere in the world where Apple Music is supported, Apple is giving you a half the price discount on your subscription. Instead of the regular $9.99 per month, students only have to pay $4.99 per month.
To avail of the discount, you must verify your student status first. Apple Music is in partnership with UNiDAYS for the smooth verification process. Once verified, you can enjoy the student discount for 48 months or four years. You also will receive free trial access to Apple TV Plus streaming service for a limited time where you can watch original movies and TV shows.
How to be Eligible & Sign Up for Free Trial Account with Apple Music Student Discount
If it is your first time subscribing to Apple Music, make sure you have an Apple ID. If not, you will need to create first. Have your academic email address ready since you will need it to verify your student eligibility. To sign up for the student plan free trial, follow these steps:
- To start, open the Apple Music app on your device. If you don’t have the app installed, download it from the App Store.
- Select Listen Now or For You.
- Go to the Free Trial.
- Choose Student.
- Tap Verify Eligibility.
- It will direct you to the UNiDAYS website.
- Follow the instructions on how to verify your status.
- Once verified eligible, it will redirect back to the Apple Music app.
- Sign in using your Apple ID.
- Fill in your billing information and payment method.
- Tap Join.
Note that you will need to reverify your student status every year to continue paying your music streaming subscription plan at a discounted price. Apple Music will send a notification, and all you have to do is tap it and follow the instructions.
How to Change or Convert Current Apple Music Account to Student Subscription Plan
You can also change your current Apple Music subscription and convert it to avail of the student discount. This is, of course, only possible if you are currently enrolled in a college or university which makes you eligible for the student discount deal. To do it, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Music app (Download here if you have not done so).
- Tap View Apple ID.
- Sign in using your Apple ID.
- Under subscriptions, tap Manage.
- Select your current subscription.
- Now, change it to Student.
- It will open the UNiDAYS website.
- Verify your enrollment and you can enjoy the Student discount on your Apple Music subscription.
Is the Apple Music student discount worth it? We would love to know what you think, so drop us a comment below.