Are you having trouble with your Facebook feed? Some users reported that their Facebook Feed had gone blank when they tried to load the page on their device screens. In some instances, the page only shows white screen and nothing else.
If you look forward to checking new updates on your Facebook account on iPhone or Android device, it can be frustrating to encounter this issue and your feed is not loading. Desktop and laptop users might also experience the same issue on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Fortunately, you can try to fix the white screen of death error on Facebook feeds with several troubleshooting methods.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Facebook Feed Not Showing or the Screen has Gone Blank on Web Browser, Android or iPhone App
There are different reasons why your Facebook feed is showing a white page on the app or website. It can be a problem with your web browser, Internet connection, or cache, and app data. Try to follow each of the solutions below one at a time and check if it fixes the error or not.
Method #1 – Check your WiFi Internet Network Connection
You need to have at least a 3 Mbps network signal when using Facebook. If you have a poor Internet connection, it may be the reason why your Facebook feed is not loading. You can refresh your network connection by restarting your router and modem. Another way is to elevate your router or keep your device near it. If you continue to experience a weak network signal, contact your Internet Service Provider.
Method #2 – Restart your Web Browser
If you are using a web browser to open Facebook, a quick reboot will help refresh the connection and processes. You can also verify if the browser you use hogs up more resources or memory. If it does, it may be the cause of the white page error. You can switch to a different browser or use the Facebook app instead.
Method #3 – Update your Web Browser
- On your web browser, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Go to Help and select the About section of your browser. If you cannot find Help, select Update & Security and click Windows Update.
- Select Check for Updates.
- If there is an available update, download and install it.
- Restart your browser.
Method #4 – Update your Facebook App
- Launch the app store section of your device.
- Navigate to Apps or Manage apps.
- Look for Facebook.
- Check if there are updates available.
- Click the Update button.
Method #5 – Clear Browser Cache and Data
- On your web browser, open the Facebook website.
- Look for the Lock icon next to the address and click it.
- Choose Clear Cookies and Site Data or Site Settings.
- Click the Clear Data or Remove button.
Method #6 – Clear Facebook App Cache
- On your Android device, open the Settings menu.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Facebook.
- Choose Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Method #7 – Switch to a Different Device
If all else fails, you can log in to Facebook on a different device. Try switching to your laptop if you are using your mobile device and vice versa.
Do you have other solutions to fix the Facebook feed that has gone blank error on Android or iOS devices and web browsers? You can share them in the comment section below.