Gmail: it’s huge worldwide as an email service. But like all software, it can have email issues.
A frequent problem encountered within Gmail is “Action Failed Due to an Error.” It’s an error message that appears when an action, such as marking messages as read, deleting emails, or relocating them into a different folder fails.
Top Solutions to Fix Gmail Action Failed Due to an Error Issue
In this writing, let’s explore solutions for this problem on Gmail with these steps.
Reset Your Gmail Theme Settings to Default
Another method to resolve the “Action Failed Due to an Error” issue in Gmail is to reset your theme back to the default.
At times, a theme can cause Gmail to load improperly. This can prevent the action from completing. Follow these steps to adjust your theme settings:
- Log into your Gmail.
- Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner to open quick settings.
- Choose theme and select the default theme (the one with a white background and a blue bar).
Once again, reload your browser right afterward. Try the action that failed again. In adjusting your theme settings to the default, you’re ensuring Gmail operates with a stable, proven theme.
Adjust Your Gmail Layout and Density Settings to Default
A simple method to solve “Action Failed Due to an Error” problem in Gmail is to adjust your layout and density settings back to defaults. This rectifies any compatibility or display issues. Here is how:
- Log into your Gmail.
- Look for the gear icon in the top-right corner; click it to open quick settings.
- Set both density and layout to default.
Now, reload your browser. Try the action that failed again. Changing layout and density settings this way makes sure Gmail operates with settings that are proven to work without errors.
Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies
With frequent usage, your internet browser’s cache and cookies may accumulate faulty or obsolete data. This data may affect Gmail’s functionality. A technique to handle this could be to clear your browser cache and cookies.
By doing so, you might rectify the problem. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to successfully execute this:
- Begin by opening your preferred internet browser. Notice the menu icon, represented by three vertically arranged dots. You can find this icon situated at the top-right portion of your browser window. Click on this icon to access a drop-down list of options.
- From this drop-down list that appears, spot the option that says ‘More tools.’ Hover your mouse pointer over it, and another sub-menu will emerge. In this sub-menu, identify and select the choice labeled ‘Clear browsing data.’
- After selecting the ‘Clear browsing data’ option, you will be prompted with a new window. This window offers a few selectable options, along with a feature to designate a specific time frame. You can choose for which duration you intend to clear the data.
- To ensure the successful eradication of corrupted or outdated data, remember to tick the boxes next to ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files.’ These checkboxes can be found in the same window where you specified your desired time frame.
- Upon completion of checking these boxes, find and click on the ‘Clear data’ button. After clicking this, a process will commence where your specified browser data will be cleared. Hold on for a moment while this process is completed without any interruption.
Following the completion of this process, close and restart your browser for the changes to fully take effect. Now, try to repeat the action that was previously resulting in an error within Gmail.
The act of clearing your browser cache and cookies effectively ensures that Gmail functions using the most recent and reliable data to provide an optimal user experience.
Hope this helps!