I love my Ring Video Doorbell Pro. It’s one of the best home security devices on the market, making my life easier.
But sometimes things go wrong, and you can’t connect your Ring Doorbell to WiFi, or it won’t reset. In this guide, we’ll look at some common problems with Ring doorbells and how to fix them so you can return to enjoying your home security system.
Top Solutions to Fix your Ring Doorbell Won’t Connect to a WiFi Network
If your Ring Doorbell or Security Camera won’t connect to WiFi, there are several things you can try to fix the issue. Here are some common steps to troubleshoot the problem.
- To ensure optimal performance of your Ring device, first, make sure that you have updated the Ring app to the latest version.
- Then, check the battery or power of your Ring device. If it’s low, make sure to charge it for 6-8 hours before attempting to reconnect it.
- Check that both your modem and router are functioning correctly.
- Then, look for the Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) of the device and see if you can make it better as a low RSSI may cause disconnection from WiFi.
- Additionally, it’s important to make sure that you are using a 2.4GHz network rather than a 5GHz one – only the Pro, Elite, and 2 Rings support 5GHzs.
Steps to Reconnect your Ring Doorbell to a WiFi Network
If you’re looking to reconnect your Ring Doorbell or Security Camera to WiFi, you can easily do so in the Ring app.
- All you need to do is head to the device health page and choose the option to either reconnect or change wifi networks.
- To get there, open up the app and tap on the menu icon located in the top left corner, then select Devices and choose your Doorbell or Camera.
- From there, just tap Device Health and follow the prompts!
How to Reset your Ring Doorbell or Security Camera (Optional)
Turn off your Ring Doorbell. Wait a few seconds, then turn it back on. If that doesn’t work, try resetting the power supply by pressing and holding both buttons on either side of the plug for five seconds.
If you’re using an older version of our Doorbell or Power Supply, hold down the Reset button for 5-6 seconds until you get a quick flash from each LED light.
Make Sure to Check your Ring Doorbell’s Wiring
If your Ring Doorbell is giving you trouble, try to figure out if the problem is with the wiring or if it is something else.
- Check to make sure that the wires are connected properly. If there is a loose wire, for example, it will cause problems for your device.
- Make sure that the wires are not frayed or damaged in any way. It could prevent them from working properly with your Ring Doorbell or security camera.
- The wires should be able to connect properly and may even start sparking when they do get near each other!
We hope this blog helps! You can drop us a comment below.