Samsung Galaxy SmartTag or SmartTag+ (plus) Bluetooth tracker is a helpful device when you keep on misplacing or losing things at home. For instance, it takes a lot of your time to look for your keys or your wallet. By attaching these items to your Samsung SmartTag, you can locate them effectively.
Unfortunately, some users reported that their Samsung SmartTag tracker is not working or not connecting to the SmartThings app on their Galaxy phones. The app cannot discover the tracker and users see the error message, “Couldn’t connect to your SmartTag. There was a problem with its Bluetooth information. Get Help.”
If this happens to you, it is indeed frustrating. After all, we want to rely on our Samsung Galaxy Smart Tag when we do not want to spend time searching for our lost things.
Fixing Samsung Smart Tag Not Working or Connecting to SmartThings App on Galaxy Phone
While many users may experience the same Bluetooth tracker discovery problem, the solution that may work out on one person may not always apply to other users. There are cases when a method helped them fixed the error. But when other users tried it as well, it does not solve their problem. The best thing you can do is to try each solution listed below.
If none works, you can contact Samsung customer service for further assistance.
Method #1 – Clear SmartThings App Cache on your Samsung Galaxy Phone
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Go to Apps.
- Select SmartThings.
- Tap Force Stop.
- Next, go to Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Select Clear Data.
Method #2 – Remove the SmartTag Battery
- First, remove the battery off your Samsung SmartTag.
- Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Now, try to insert the battery back again.
Method #3 – Reset your Samsung SmartTag
- Remove the battery of your Samsung SmartTag.
- Look for the button found at the center. Press and hold it while reinserting the battery. Note that the SmartTag must not make a sound. If it does, try the steps again.
- Once done successfully, hold the button for five seconds.
- Release the button and cover the battery.
Method #4 – Reinstall the SmartThings App
- Look for the SmartThings icon on your home screen.
- Press and hold it to open the menu.
- Select Uninstall.
- Now, reinstall the app through Google Play Store.
Method #5 – Update your SmartThings App on Samsung Galaxy Phone
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Go to My Apps & Games.
- Select Updates.
- Choose SmartThings.
- Install the available update.
Method #6 – Send an Error Report to Samsung
- On your Smart Things app, tap the Menu button.
- Go to Contact Us.
- Select Error Reports.
- Choose Smart Tag.
- Select Contact Us.
- Write down your Smart Tag issue.
- Look for the Send system log files option and check the box.
Did any of the methods above fix the issue related to SmartThings app not connecting or discovering your Galaxy SmartTag tracker? You can let us know what you think by dropping us a comment below.