Smartphones are on the priority list for a lot of people. Most of their activities are reliant on these handheld devices, especially those that are work-related. Encountering the System UI issue on their Android phones can be frustrating.
When you encounter an error in your Android System UI, you will most like see the message, “Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.” There are varying reasons why your smartphone is flashing the error. You may be having issues with your cache. You may also have outdated software. In other cases, some applications may be causing the error.
To help you fix the issue, check out the methods below.
How to Repair System UI Has Stopped Issue on Android
Method #1 – Restart your Smartphone
It is the easiest way to fix the System UI issue. Close your Google applications properly and power off your smartphone. Wait for a few seconds and try turning it on again.
Method #2 – Install Software Updates
If the first method does not work, you may need to install the latest version of your software. Updates may include fixes that can help you solve your smartphone issues.
- First, check if there are available updates.
- Go to the Settings.
- Click About device or in some smartphones, select System.
- Click System Update.
- Select Check for updates.
- If there are updates available, you can download and install it on your phone.
Method #3 – Uninstall Google App
- Open your Google Play Store.
- On the search bar, type Google, and click on the Google app.
- Select Uninstall.
- Click OK to confirm.
Method #4 – Clear the Cache
- Launch the Settings of your Android device.
- Select Apps or System apps.
- On the upper right corner, click the three-dotted icon.
- Click Show system apps.
- Look for System UI and click to open.
- Select Storage and at the bottom, click Clear cache.
- After clearing the cache, repeat the steps for other Google apps.
Method #5 – Reset App Preferences
- Just like in method #4, go to Apps or System apps.
- Click the three-dotted icon and select Reset app preferences.
Which methods above helped you fix the System UI issue on your Android device? Let us know in the comments below.