Is your phone constantly ringing with unwanted spam calls? If you’re looking for a way to stop the madness, Verizon Call Filter may be just what you need.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to get the Call Filter feature from Verizon and use it to block spam calls on an iOS and Android device. We’ll also provide some tips on what to do if you still get unwanted calls after using the service. If you’re ready to take control of your mobile phone and put an end to spam calls, read on!
What is Verizon Call Filter?
Verizon Call Filter is a free app that helps you screen calls and reduces unwanted, robocalls, or spam calls. You can use the app to block calls from specific numbers or to automatically block suspected robocallers or spam callers. The app also lets you see a transcript of each call, so you can decide whether or not to answer it.
- To get started with Verizon Call Filter, download the app from the Apple App Store on iPhone or Google Play Store on an Android mobile phone.
- After installing the Call Filter app, open it and sign in with your Verizon account.
- Then, follow the prompts to set up call filtering tool.
Once you’ve set up Verizon Call Filter, all of your incoming calls will be screened. If a call is identified as spam, it will be blocked automatically. You can also choose to block calls from specific numbers manually. To do this, tap the “Block” button next to a number in your call history.
If you accidentally block a number that you didn’t mean to, you can unblock it by tapping the “Unblock” button next to the number in your call history.
What are the benefits of using the Call Filter app from Verizon?
Here are some of the benefits of using Verizon Call Filter:
- It can help reduce the number of unwanted or spam calls you receive.
- It offers caller ID and spam protection.
- You can report suspicious numbers to Verizon.
- It’s free to download and use.
How to setup & use Verizon Call Filter on iPhone or Android phone
- Once you have signed up, you will be able to activate the call filtering features by opening the app and going to the settings menu.
- From there, you can select which types of calls you would like to filter out and block.
- You can also set up a personal blacklist of phone numbers that you always want to block.
Verizon Call Filter offers two different tiers of service: Basic and Premium. Basic is free and only offers caller ID protection. Premium is a paid subscription that includes all of the features of Basic, plus spam risk alerts, unknown caller blocking, and personal blacklisting.
How to block unwanted calls with Verizon Call Filter?
Blocking a number that has already called you is easy with Verizon Call Filter.
- Just open the app and go to your call history.
- Tap on the number you want to block, then tap the Block button.
- You can also block numbers from your contact list or enter a number manually.
Manage your Verizon Call Filter settings
- To manage your Verizon Call Filter settings, open the app and tap the Menu icon in the top left corner.
- Then, select “Settings” from the menu.
- On the Settings screen, you can enable or disable Call Filter, view your blocked numbers list, and add new numbers to block.
- To edit your blocking preferences, tap “Blocking Preferences” and then select which types of calls you want to block: unwanted calls, private/unknown numbers, or international numbers.
- You can also choose to allow calls from your Contacts or STARRED Contacts only. Lastly, you can enable “Do Not Disturb” mode to automatically block all incoming calls.
How to report spam calls with Verizon Call Filter
If you get a spam call on your Verizon phone, you can report it to Verizon Call Filter. To do so:
- Open the Call Filter app.
- Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner, then tap “Report Spam Number.”
- Enter the number that called you, then tap “Block & Report.”
You can also report spam calls by calling 1-877-404-4129 from your Verizon phone.
If you’re tired of unwanted spam calls, Verizon Call Filter may be a helpful solution. With this service, you can identify and block suspected robocallers or spam callers and even report them to Verizon so that they can take action against them. Additionally, you can set up customized blocking rules to better suit your needs. Give Verizon Call Filter a try today and see if it helps reduce the number of unwanted calls you receive.