Is Verizon down? Many users have been complaining over Twitter that their Verizon FIOS and cellular service is not working or can’t be connected to the Internet. Verizon users cannot make any calls, are unable to send texts and messenger instant messages online, or can’t access the Internet. While most of these situations happen after a natural disaster or other occurrences, there are also other reasons why a service outage like this occurs.
If you are experiencing a WiFi Internet and cell service interruption issue with your computer or mobile phone or tablet device, it may be because the Verizon network is down at the moment. Some service outages happen in select geographic locations, while others are widespread outages happening in various cities and states around the country all at the same time. Once the Verizon network is down, there is nothing you can do but wait for their technical team to repair the server or network connection problems and bring the service back to your devices.
Still, if you do not want to sit down and wait without doing anything, there are troubleshooting tips that you can do that might help you restore your cell signal or WiFi network connectivity in the meantime. Let’s check them out below.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Network Outage Issues with Verizon FIOS WiFi Internet & Cellular Services Not Working
One of the things you can do is check and verify if the Verizon server status is down. You can go to https://downdetector.com/status/verizon/map/ on any web browser and see if your location is tagged with the server or network service outage problem. You can also report your case through the Down Detector platform.
Power Cycle your Devices
It is helpful to reboot your router and your mobile device or computer to refresh your Internet network connection.
- Turn off your device and unplug your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 1 minute before plugging them both back in.
- Reconnect to the Internet and turn on your device.
- Check if your network service comes back.
Reset your ONT Battery
ONT means Optical Network Terminal. You can try to reset it and check if your service is back online.
- Unplug the power cord of your Battery Backup Unit.
- Wait for at least one minute before plugging it back in.
- Now, check if it resets your ONT battery.
- If you want to reconnect your battery to your Battery Backup Unit or BBU, follow the steps below.
- Unplug your BBU from the power outlet.
- Using a screwdriver, open the battery cabinet of your BBU.
- Look for the battery leads and disconnect them.
- Wait for 10 seconds before reconnecting them back.
- Now, close the battery cabinet and plug your BBU back.
Send a Repair Request
You can also create a repair request for Verizon to troubleshoot your service error. On your web browser, go to this link to fill out and forward the details of your issue. After that, you can check the update status of your repair service request through this Verizon page.
If none of the troubleshooting tips above work in fixing your Verizon network problem, then there’s nothing left to do but wait for them to restore your Internet and cellular data service.
Did any of the fixes above help you resolve your Verizon issue? You can let us know in the comment section below.