Playing online games on Nintendo Switch gaming system can give you loads of entertainment. There are a lot of options to choose from that you can play for hours. You can play popular games like the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Edition or Fortnite. You can even ask your friends to join you or if you prefer you can play by yourself.
Nintendo always sends alerts to all your friends when you play a game. However, if you don’t like it, you can always appear offline and not notify anyone that you are playing. Check out how to hide or disable your online status and play activity on Nintendo Switch gaming console in the steps below.
How to Appear Offline on Nintendo Switch & Stop Friends from Seeing your Online Status
- Open your Nintendo Switch.
- Press the Home button.
- When you are at the home screen, go to your user profile. You can see it in the top left corner.
- Scroll down and click User Settings.
- Select Friend Settings.
- Look for the Display online status to option.
- Click it to open the menu.
- Now, you can select who can view your online status. You can choose all your friends or only your best friends. If you don’t want anyone to see that you are online, click No One.
- Click the OK button to exit.
Hiding or Disabling your Play Activity on Nintendo Switch Settings
Another option is to hide your play activity on your Nintendo Switch profile. Disabling online status notifications might not be enough since all your game activities still appear on your profile page. Even if your friends did not see you play at a particular time, they see the log of your play activity.
To make sure no one sees any of your Nintendo play activities, follow the steps below.
- From your Nintendo Switch home screen, navigate to the User Settings.
- Scroll down and select Play Activity Settings.
- Go to the Display play activity to option.
- You can choose whom to show your play activity. You can select All Users, Friends, Best Friend, or No One. If you want to hide your activities from everyone, click No One.
- Click the OK button.
That’s it! Which do you prefer? Playing secretly on your Nintendo Switch on your own or letting your friends join in the fun? We value your opinion so kindly write us one below.