You can always cancel your Nintendo Switch Online subscription if you think that it is not for you. Nintendo Switch Online allows users to play online using its gaming console. Users will get access to the classic NES games available.
What Happens When You Cancel Your Subscription?
First, you will no longer play the online modes of the games. The saved data on your cloud will not be available and you cannot restore these games. However, games that you have purchased can still be played or downloaded. You will not have any access to the library of NES games.
Nintendo Switch Online membership prices starts at $4 per month or you can purchase an entire year at $20. You can also available of the family play, which will open up to eight accounts, at $35.
How to Cancel Your Nintendo Switch Online Membership?
There are two ways to cancel your subscription. First is through the game console.
- Open the Nintendo eShop on your game console.
- On the upper right corner, click the user icon.
- Look for Nintendo Switch Online.
- Choose Turn Off Automatic Renewal.
- Next, click Turn Off and click OK.
You can also cancel your subscription via their website.
- Open your browser.
- Go to the official website of Nintendo.
- On the upper right corner, you will see a red box. Click to open.
- Log in your account.
- Click your avatar.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Shop menu.
- Look for Your Subscriptions to show your current plan. You may also click Nintendo Switch Online.
- Click the Turn Off Automatic Renewal button.
- Click Turn off. You will then receive an email confirmation.
Keep in mind that you need to turn off the Automatic Renewal 48 hours before the end of your current subscription.
Important to Note
When you have purchased a one-year subscription but planned to turn off the auto-renewal immediately, you can still have full access to the service until your current subscription is expired. The same works for monthly subscriptions. With that in mind, take note that Nintendo does not offer any refund once you turn off the auto-renew.
How do you like your Nintendo Switch Online? We would love to hear what you think in the comments below.