Xbox has loads of games that you can play with your friends. But sometimes, it feels more exhilarating when you have new opponents in a video game. There are new challenges to keep your competitive juice flowing, not to mention growing your online gaming network.
Now, you don’t have to worry if you play on Xbox without your friends. As long as they cannot see you, what’s the harm done? You can always appear offline or hide your online status, so no one knows you are currently playing other games.
Xbox allows you to conceal your online status when you are playing your games by setting it either on your Xbox app or through your new Xbox Series X or S console. Now, your friends will not see the green dot that appears at the bottom of your profile picture when you are active online. They won’t get a chance to disturb you. Still, you can play any game you want on Xbox.
So, how do you hide your online status if you have an Xbox Series X or S console at home? Check out the methods below.
Hiding your Online Status or Appearing Offline using Xbox Series X or S Gaming Console
You can either change the settings on your Xbox Series X or S gaming console or use your Xbox app on Android phone or iPhone, depending on which is more convenient for you. Either way, it will automatically hide your status until you set it again to appear online. Note that it will always appear how you last set it.
How to Appear Offline on Xbox Series X|S through Xbox App on Mobile Phone
- Launch the Xbox app on your Android or iOS mobile device.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and select your profile picture.
- Look for the Appear Offline button and tap it.
- Exit the Xbox app.
- To set it back to online, follow the steps above and tap Appear Online.
How to Hide Online Status on Xbox Series X|S through the Game Console
- Navigate to the home screen using your Xbox console.
- On your Xbox console, press the Up arrow. It will highlight your profile picture. If not, use your console to highlight your profile picture.
- Next, press the A button to open your profile.
- Scroll down and look for the Appear Online option.
- Select to open the drop-down menu.
- Choose Appear Offline.
- To set it back to online, select Appear Online.
That’s it! Now, you have control over whether or not you want to appear offline to your friends on Xbox Series S/X device. When do you likely want to appear offline when playing Xbox games? We are curious to know your story, so drop us one below.