If you own an NVIDIA Shield TV, you will be happy to know that you can now connect your Xbox Series X or Series S and PS5 DualSense wireless controllers. Now is the time for you to enjoy streaming action-packed and adventure games on a widescreen.
With the NVIDIA Shield TV, the Android TV-powered streaming device from NVIDIA, you can enjoy better speed as it uses the latest NVIDIA Tegra X1+ processor. The NVIDIA Shield TV also integrates the Dolby Atmos sound and the Dolby Vision HDR picture, ideal for an upgraded gaming experience. Plus, you can enjoy 4K HDR while playing.
How to Update NVIDIA Shield TV Firmware or Device Software
- Turn on your NVIDIA Shield TV.
- Go to the Home Screen.
- Scroll down and click Settings.
- Select the About section.
- Look for System Upgrade. Click the option.
- Select Check for Upgrade.
- Click Apply/Install.
The NVIDIA 8.2.2 software updates add other streaming apps, like Discovery Plus and Noggin. It also supports the Control4 home automation system. NVIDIA also includes fixes to bugs from previous versions. You will see a more improved IR volume control behavior using the SHIELD Remote 2019 with Denon receivers. Plus, there is the Android security patch level in December 2020.
Connect & Use Xbox Series X/S or PS5 DualSense Game Controllers to NVIDIA Shield TV
After updating your NVIDIA Shield TV’s device software, you can now connect your PlayStation 5 DualSense and Xbox Series X/S wireless controllers.
- First, turn on the Bluetooth Discovery Mode on your Shield TV.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Look for the Remote & accessories.
- Click Add accessory.
- Now, SHIELD will look for an available accessory.
- Click the DualSense or the Xbox Series X/S controllers.
- On your DualSense, hold the PlayStation and Share/Clip button until you see the light pulses blue.
- On your Xbox Series X/S, hold the pairing button until it blinks.
- Now, you can start using your game controllers.
NEED A NEW PS5 Controller? Check out these deals on Sony PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controllers at Amazon!
Did the article help you? Let us know in the comments below.