Your Samsung Smart TV comes pre-installed with cool apps for your entertainment. However, if you find 3rd party applications that you want to download and install on your Samsung smart TV, you can do so. Third party apps are applications that are made by other developers and not by Samsung.
Still, there are several ways on how you can install them on your Smart TV.
Setting up Samsung Smart TV for 3rd Party Apps Installation
Allow Installation from Unknown Sources
Before you start to download and install third party apps on your new Samsung Smart TV, you need to allow its installation first.
- On your Samsung Smart TV, go to Settings.
- Go to the Personal tab.
- Click Security.
- Look for Unknown Sources. Set it to Enabled.
RECOMMENDED: FIND THE LATEST DEALS ON THE BEST SAMSUNG TVS HERE!
Enable Developer Mode
- Next, you will need to enable the Developer Mode.
- On your Settings menu, go to Smart Hub.
- Click Apps.
- Type the 12345 pin as default.
- Next, look for the Developer Mode and toggle it to ON.
- Type the IP address of your computer and click OK.
- Restart your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Install 3rd Party Apps on Samsung Smart TV
Here are some methods you can try to successfully install and use a 3rd party app on your Samsung TV.
Solution #1 – Using an APK File
- On your Samsung Smart TV, launch the browser.
- Search for the apksure website.
- Look for the third party app that you want to install.
- Click the downloadable apk file.
- Click Install.
- Click Install again to confirm.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the apk file on your Smart TV.
Solution #2 – Using the Command Prompt on a PC
- Go to your Samsung Smart TV Settings.
- Click the Network option.
- Select Information.
- Under there IP Address section, copy the IP address of your Smart TV.
- Open your Windows 10 computer.
- Launch the Command Prompt.
- Type adb connect (your TV’s IP Address)
- Type install D\install.apk.
- Once the process is done, type adb disconnect (your TV’s IP Address) to disconnect your Smart TV from your computer.
Solution #3 – Using a USB Flash Drive or a Thumb Drive
- First, save the apk file on your USB drive.
- Insert your USB drive to your Smart TV.
- Go to files and folder.
- Click the apk file.
- Click to install the file.
- Click yes to confirm.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions.
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.