Many people build connections on social media like LinkedIn. They can connect with other professionals and create a network that strategically builds relationships within their industry. LinkedIn is one way to promote your brand and gradually establish it as an authority.
For users who are looking for jobs, LinkedIn can give them better exposure to managers and recruiters. They can showcase their expertise, skills, and experience. Now, you can generate and create your resume through your LinkedIn profile. You can continue reading below to find out how you can do it.
How to Convert a LinkedIn Profile & Generate a Downloadable PDF Resume or CV
Rather than creating your professional resume or CV from scratch, you can convert and build up your full LinkedIn profile and use it to generate a beautiful customized resume template that you can download and use for job applications.
- First, launch any web browser on your computer.
- Go to Linkedin.com.
- Log in to your account.
- At the upper right corner, click the dropdown arrow beside your Me icon.
- Select View Profile.
- At the top right corner, click the More button.
- Select Build a resume.
- Click Create from profile.
- Enter the Job Title that you want to apply for.
- Click the Apply button. However, if you don’t want to add any job titles, click Skip at the bottom.
- After generating the resume, click the Preview button to check your resume.
- If you want to edit some changes, click the Edit icon next to the section you need to modify.
- Enter your changes. If you want to remove the entire section, click the Delete button.
- Click the Save button after editing.
- Now, you have to option to download a PDF copy.
- Click the More button next to the Preview.
- Select Download as PDF.
By generating your resume and converting it from your current LinkedIn profile, you can save time and effort in creating a new one. You can also update your LinkedIn profile with your career changes.
HAVEN’T JOINED YET? Join the millions of LinkedIn members using Premium to get ahead.
What do you think of LinkedIn’s resume generator? Do you find it helpful? We value your opinions, so please write us one below.