The release of Cyberpunk 2077 last December 10, 2020, brought excitement to a lot of online gamers. However, some players already experienced errors and the game crashes here and there. CD Projekt Red, the game developer behind Cyberpunk 2077 even offered to give refunds to frustrated buyers and early adaptors.
One of the errors plaguing users is the “Whoah! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined” error. Most gamers using Steam on Windows 10 encounter the error and the game crashes due to the bug. There are several reasons why it happens. But for the most part, it can be due to a hardware issue or problems with your files and driver. Playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows 10 requires more than your basic PC gaming set up.
Fixing Cyberpunk 2077 Has Flatlined Bug on Windows 10
While it is frustrating to encounter the flatlined error while playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows 10 PC, there are still ways how you can fix the problem. Follow each step below to find out how you can do it.
Method #1 – Update the GPU Driver
GPU drivers can help you get the best experience out of your hardware. That is why updating it can also help you fix problems while playing the game.
- If you are using the GE Force Experience app, you can check the updates by going to the Drivers tab.
- Click the Check for Updates option.
- If there are available updates, click the Install button.
- You can also navigate to the Device Manager on your computer.
- Select the Display Adapters.
- Right-click on your GPU driver.
- Click Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab.
- Click the Update Driver button.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, follow the screen to update your driver.
Method #2 – Give Permission on Your Firewall
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Select System and Security.
- Look for the Windows Firewall option.
- Click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, look for Cyberpunk 2077 and check the boxes next to it to grant permission.
- Click OK.
Method #3: Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam
- Right-click on the Cyberpunk 2077 on the Steam app and click Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click “Verify Integrity of Game Files” to start the process.
- Once Steam is finished validating the Cyberpunk 2077 game files you will see if there is an error with one of the files.
- If Steam finds an error, it will automatically re-acquire or re-download the affected files into the system.
- Wait for the update to finish and try playing Cyberpunk 2077 again.
Method #3 – Open the Game Directly from File
- Go to the Steam Library.
- Look for Cyberpunk 2077.
- Right-click on the game.
- Select Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Select Browse Local Files.
- Look for the game’s exe file on your hard drive and open the game.
Method #4 – Delete Files in the Cyberpunk 2077 Folder
- On your computer, type the following on the address bar: C:\Users\” username ”\AppData\Local|CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077.
- Inside the folder, delete the files.
- Now, try to relaunch the game.
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.