After a long day at work, you want to sit down on your couch and watch your favorite shows.
You click on the remote and nothing happens. You click again while growing impatient and your Fire TV Stick won’t connect to your WiFi.
It happens! The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a popular media player these days that allow users 24/7 streaming of videos and music. Once set up, it is easy to use and offers a wide selection of shows.
But, problems with your Fire TV Stick can also happen more often than not. The good thing is these problems can be fixed.
If you found yourself in a connectivity problem with your Amazon Fire TV Stick, check out the fixes below:
Method 1 – Restart Your Amazon Fire TV Stick
You can physically restart your Fire TV Stick. To do that, unplug your device for a few seconds and plug it back. Check if it connects to your WiFi.
Another way to restart your Firestick streaming device is through the menu option. Go to Settings and click on Device. Choose Restart and it will automatically restart the device.
You can also restart through the remote. Hold down both Play/Pause and the Select buttons until the device restarts.
NEED A NEW DEVICE? Check out these Fire TV exclusive offers at Amazon right now!
Method 2 – Check Your Internet Connection
If it is a connectivity issue, there is a big chance that the problem is with your Internet connection. Check the WiFi connection of your Fire TV Stick if it works. Go to Settings and choose Network. Then, press the Play/Pause button to know if you are connected to your WiFi or not.
Method 3 – Restart Your Router
Restarting all your devices often help solve the connectivity problem. After you restarted your Fire TV Stick devices, you can also restart your modem or router. Turn off your modern for a few seconds and turn it back on. Wait for it to connect to the Internet and try connecting your Fire TV Stick device.
Method 4 – Unhide Your Wi-Fi Network
Your Fire TV Stick may not connect because your WiFi network is hidden. To unhide your WiFi Network, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Settings and click Network.
- Look for Join Other Network and click to open.
- Under SSID, type the name of your WiFi Network and tap the Play/Pause button.
- Choose the Security Type and tap the Play/Pause button.
- Type in the password or security code and tap the Play/Pause button.
- Check the details and click Connect to confirm. It will then connect to your WiFi Network.
Method 5 – Forget the WiFi Network and Reconnect
Doing this method will restart your WiFi connection.
- First, go to Settings and click Network.
- You will then find the network you are currently connected. Press the Menu button or the three horizontal lines.
- Among the list of option, click Forget the Network and click the Select button or the circular middle button.
- After forgetting the network, try to reconnect it again.
- Go back to Network and look for it in the list. If you cannot find it, unhide the network and connect.
Not connecting to your WiFi network can be frustrating after expecting a smooth process. Simply follow the steps above and see which method works for you. Enjoy watching your favorite shows on Amazon Fire TV Stick!
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.
NEED A NEW STREAMING DEVICE? Check out these amazing deals on the latest Fire TV Stick at Amazon right now!