The Clubhouse app is all about audio. It stirs away from the usual text reading and video watching we often do on social media platforms. Though you can still interact using the chat option, all you have to do when you get inside the app is to listen to people talk and discuss various topics in each Clubhouse room.
Unfortunately, there are times when there is no sound inside the Clubhouse room and your microphone or audio is not working. It is indeed annoying considering that audio is a dominant factor in the Clubhouse app with the drop-in audio chat feature. If you cannot hear a sound of anyone talking, what else can you do then?
But, there are ways to help you fix the microphone and audio issue, so you can go back to listening inside your favorite Clubhouse rooms in no time. Let’s check them out below.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Microphone or Audio Not Working & No Sound Problem on Clubhouse App for iOS or Android
Solution #1 – Exit the Clubhouse Room
If you can’t hear anything from the Clubhouse room you are in, try to exit and rejoin after a few seconds. It may refresh your connection to the room and restore the audio and microphone features. You may also test if your microphone or audio works with the other rooms or not.
Solution #2 – Exit and Relaunch the Clubhouse App
If rejoining the Clubhouse room does not work, try exiting the app and relaunch it after a few seconds. It will help restore the audio and make your microphone work again as there may be glitches in the app itself.
Solution #3 – Power Cycle your Devices
It can be an issue with your WiFi Internet network connection. Try these steps to refresh your home network that may help in fixing no sound issues on the Clubhouse app.
- Exit the Clubhouse app and turn off your mobile device.
- Unplug your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 1 minute before plugging them back in and connecting to the Internet.
- Turn on your device and relaunch the Clubhouse app.
- Now, retry entering the room.
Solution #4 – Clear the Clubhouse App Cache
- Open the Settings menu of your Android device.
- Go to Apps & notifications.
- Select Apps.
- Tap the Clubhouse app. You can also tap See all apps if you cannot find it.
- Go to Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- For iOS devices, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache.
Solution #5 – Update the Clubhouse App on iPhone or Android Phone
If there are available updates for the Clubhouse app on your iPhone or Android phone, you can install them. The new version may include fixes that will resolve the audio error.
- For Android devices, navigate to Google Play Store. For iOS devices, go to the App Store.
- Look for the Clubhouse app.
- If there is an update, tap the Update button.
Solution #6 – Reinstall the Clubhouse App
You may also try to install the latest version of your Clubhouse app. Uninstall the existing app first based on the instructions of your device. Then, go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to install a fresh version of the app.
If none of the solutions work for you, try to contact the Clubhouse customer support team and report the error.
Did any of the methods above fixed the audio or microphone problem on your Clubhouse app? If not, what else did you do to fix the issue? You can let us know your thoughts by writing to us below.