Netflix is one of the most popular Internet streaming services conveniently available to Windows 10/11 users. This platform offers full support for the Windows system, through an official Netflix application that is available in the Windows Microsoft Store.
You can download selected TV shows and movies from the Netflix app for offline viewing, and there are no limits to the number of screens you can watch at the same time. Downloaded files are only available on the device from which they were downloaded.
It must be noted that, the Downloads feature is only available on devices with dedicated Netflix apps; it is not supported on computer browsers.
On the other hand, the content you download for offline viewing is stored on a drive that has Windows 10 installed. So if you think you’re running out of space, it’s best to remove the offline content you downloaded from Netflix. Follow the methods we have compiled below to successfully remove your offline Netflix content.
How to Remove or Delete Downloaded Netflix Movies & TV Shows for Offline Viewing on Windows 10/11 PC
Method 1: Delete a Specific Netflix Movie or TV Show
In most cases, you only needed to delete a specific Netflix movie from your hard drive. This is especially true if you have materials that have not yet been viewed. In this case, follow these steps to remove a particular movie from your Netflix download directory.
- Click the Start menu, find and open the Netflix application.
- When you open the Netflix application, a menu icon (three horizontal lines) appears in the upper left corner, which you can click on. Now click on My Downloads.
- On this page you can see all Netflix downloads. The good news is that Netflix displays all the offline downloaded content separately. To delete a movie, click on the Edit (Pen) icon and you will see checkboxes.
- Click the checkboxes of the movies you want to delete, then click the Delete icon in the upper right corner.
- Clicking on the Delete Downloaded file icon will immediately delete the downloaded files.
Method 2: Delete All Downloaded Netflix Movies and TV Shows
You can always download movie titles to one or more devices depending on your streaming plan. If you see a message downloaded from too many devices, you can delete all downloaded files from one or more devices by following the steps below, even if you no longer have the device. When you uninstall the device, all downloaded files are deleted.
- Select Settings.
- Select Account Information.
- Scroll down and select Manage device booting.
- Select Delete device on any device you want to delete.
Note: This method also works with Windows 10 tablets.
Method 3: Delete all Netflix Movies and TV shows using File Explorer
1. Open the file explorer. Skip to the next location:
In the path above, replace the letter “C” with a Windows 10 drive letter and the user name with the user account name.
2. Select all files with the Ctrl+ key combination, then use the Shift+Delete keys to delete all files. This will permanently delete all movies and shows downloaded from your Windows 10 computer.
We have listed above the methods that can be used to successfully delete Netflix offline content in Windows 10. Note that if you delete these files, the Netflix application will no longer display the content you have transferred.
If you have any additional questions about the above solutions, please let us know in the comments box below.STILL HAVING ISSUES? Try this tool to troubleshoot Windows errors and safely optimize system performance