CBS All Access offers live streaming of your favorite shows. You can watch thousands of episodes of live TV including sports and news. Check out reality TVs, music channels, and cartoon shows you have always loved for a long time. There is so much to discover starting at $5.99 per month.
To make it easier for its users, CBS All Access also allows subtitles and closed captioning on their movies and shows. It enables viewers to understand what they are watching since the text will appear on the screen to guide them. For people with hearing disabilities, it is a huge advantage.
Whether you want to turn your subtitles or closed captions on or off, the process is easy. You can disable it on shows that you already watched or enable it when necessary.
How to Enable or Disable Subtitles or Closed Captioning on CBS All Access
Managing your subtitles on CBS All Access differs from one streaming device to another. The procedure may work on your phone, but it does not work the same with your smart TV or TV stick. Check out the different ways to manage your subtitles and closed captions on CBS All Access.
SIGN UP FOR A CBS ALL ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION PLAN HERE!
Via Mobile Phone
If you are streaming over your mobile device, follow the steps to turn on/off your subtitles.
- On your mobile device, launch the CBS All Access app.
- On the top-left corner, tap the three-line icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Closed Captions.
- You will receive instructions on how to turn your subtitles on/off.
Via Smart TV
Using a smart TV allows you to watch shows on a bigger screen. However, the process differs further depending on the brand of your smart TV. In general, you need to go to the Settings page and navigate to Accessibility. You will be able to see the Closed Captions option.
When managing subtitles on your computer, you need to open any browser.
- Go to the CBS All Access website.
- Login to your account.
- Choose a video you want and press play.
- Hit pause.
- Look for the CC icon and click it.
- Now, you can choose to turn your subtitles on/off.
Via Roku Device
Use your Roku remote control to manage your subtitles.
- Launch the CBS All Access app on your Roku device.
- Sign in to your account.
- Play any video.
- Press the asterisk button on your remote.
- Select Closed captioning.
- Choose the option you want for your subtitles.
Via Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
Managing subtitles on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick is almost similar to a Roku device.
- Launch the CBS All Access app.
- Select any movie and play it.
- Press the menu button on your Fire Stick.
- Go to Subtitles and Audio.
- Select the option that you want.
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.