If you want to watch movies straight from your Chromebook computer, SD card, or USB, you can use a reliable multimedia tool such as the VLC Media Player. It is free for use and easy to navigate.
VLC Media Player is the ultimate open-source platform that allows you to open and view different video formats on your device. There are no additional codecs or settings required to run or watch a video file. Plus, it is available for free on multiple devices such as Windows PC, Mac or Linux computer, and Android mobile devices.
How to Download, Install & Use VLC Media Player to Play Videos on a Chromebook Computer
There are two ways to install and use VLC Media Player on Chromebooks. The first is to download and check it out via the Chrome Web Store. The second option is to get and download the app to Chrome OS using the Google Play Store.
Download & Install VLC Media Player on Chromebook using Chrome Web Store
- Launch any browser on your Chromebook device.
- Go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions.
- In the upper left corner, go to the Search box.
- Enter VLC Media Player.
- Scroll down on the search results and look for VLC offered by VideoLAN.
- Click the Add to Chrome button.
- Next, click Add app when prompted.
Download & Install VLC Media Player on Chromebook via Google Play Store
- On your Chromebook laptop computer, launch Google Play Store. If you cannot find it, click the Search icon on your Chromebook keyboard.
- On the Search bar of the Google Play Store, enter VLC Media Player.
- Look for VLC for Android offered by Videolabs.
- Click the Install button.
- Once installed, click the Open button to launch it.
Downloading VLC Media Player on your Chromebook computer takes only a few minutes of your precious time. After installing the VLC Media Player, you can enjoy playing videos and listening to audio files on your laptop computer. It even allows you to stream through your files and record live videos.
How was your experience using VLC Media Player on your Chromebook device? We value your opinion, so please drop one in the comment section below.