Streaming services are at the peak of their popularity, thanks to the wide range of movies and shows they offer that users can enjoy any time, anywhere. Not only that, but each streaming service providers also offer original shows that are exclusive to their subscribers. Amazon Prime Video is one of the top provider now.
You may see a large selection of shows on Amazon Prime Video including foreign films. To further enjoy these movies, Amazon Prime Video added subtitles to help you understand the story better. All you have to do is to enable these subtitles and customize them according to your preference. Check out the article below to see how it is done.
How to Enable Subtitles and Adjust Closed-Captioning on Amazon Prime Video
Here’s how to do it on your browser or your Amazon Prime Video app on your Smart TV.
On your computer
- From your browser, go to Amazon.com.
- Sign in your account.
- On the top left corner, click the Menu icon or the three horizontal lines.
- Select Prime Video.
- Next, click Prime Video again.
- Look for the movie that you want to watch with subtitles.
- Click, Watch Now.
- Once the movie starts, go to the top right corner and look for the Bubble icon.
- Under Subtitles, click English to enable the English subtitle of the movie.
- After you exit the Subtitles window, go back again to double-check if the checkmark is on the English option.
On your Smart TV
- Play the movie you want to watch with subtitles.
- Then, from the playback menu, click CC. If there is no CC, there are no subtitles available for that movie.
On your Amazon Prime Video app
- Play the video you want to watch. Videos that include subtitle appear with the subtitle symbol (“CC”) on their overview pages. Most videos that support subtitle include English text. Other languages may also be available.
- After playback has started, tap the Menu > Subtitles > On. In the subtitles menu, you can also customize the font size and color scheme for the subtitle text. Your selections apply to all videos you play until you change them again.
- Tap outside the subtitle menu to return to video playback with subtitles on.
- To turn subtitles off, tap the Menu > Subtitles > Off.
How to Customize Subtitles on Amazon Prime Video
Customizing subtitles in Amazon Prime Video simply means editing how the subtitles will appear on the screen. you can change or modify the font size, color, opacity, and more so it will appear more pleasing for you.
- Open the Amazon website on your browser and sign in to your account.
- Click the menu icon and choose Prime Video.
- Select Prime Video again.
- Click Settings from the menu bar found at the top right corner.
- Go to the Subtitles option.
- Now, you can see several editing options available. You will see first the Default Preset, which is what currently how you subtitles appear. You can customize your subtitles under Your Presets by clicking Edit. Start changing the text, font size, background color, and window color.
- If you are done editing, click Save.
That’s it! Now, you can enjoy watching your favorite movies with a better understanding of what the characters are saying. Did the article help you? Let us know in the comments below.