Watching your favorite TV shows and movies on your Samsung smart TV can be exciting. But sometimes, certain streaming apps may have problems and issues that may block you from bingeing your favorite shows. For instance, your Hulu app may not work on your Samsung TV anymore. Common playback failure issues on Hulu may also be experienced by users of Sony smart TV as well as LG TVs.
Hulu offers content that can make your nights more thrilling. You can watch exclusive titles only on the streaming app. If your Hulu app causes problems on your Samsung TV or other device, you can fix it with several troubleshooting tips below.
Fixing Hulu App Not Working or Keeps Crashing on Samsung, Sony & LG Smart TV Devices
There are various reasons why your Hulu app is not working or keeps on crashing on one Samsung smart TV or other TV devices. It can be an error with the Hulu app itself or your Internet network connection. At times, there may be an issue with your smart TV device.
Let us find out how you can troubleshoot the issue and resolve the Hulu app error on your Samsung TV now. Most methods may also work if you experience the playback error on Sony or LG smart TV.
Solution #1 – Perform a Power Cycle on your Devices
- Turn off your Samsung smart TV and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Unplug your router and modem as well.
- Wait for at least 3 minutes before you plug them back into the outlet.
- Turn on your devices.
- Relaunch your Hulu app.
Solution #2 – Verify the Status of Hulu
Is Hulu down? It can be why you cannot stream your shows on the Hulu app. Go to DownDetector and check the server status of Hulu. If it is down, you can wait for Hulu to fix the problem themselves.
Solution #3 – Clear your Hulu App Cache
- Press the Home or Menu button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the App.
- Select System app.
- Choose Hulu.
- Click Clear Cache.
- Click OK.
Solution #4 – Update your Hulu App
- On your remote, press the SmartHub button.
- Go to Featured.
- Highlight the Hulu app and long-press the Enter button.
- Choose Select All.
- Select Update.
Solution #5 – Reinstall the Hulu App
- First, uninstall the Hulu app on your Samsung TV.
- Navigate to the Home Screen of your Samsung TV.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Hulu app.
- Choose Delete.
- Select Delete again to confirm.
- Restart your Samsung TV.
- Navigate to the Apps section again.
- Look for Hulu.
- Reinstall the app.
Solution #6 – Update your Samsung Smart TV
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your Samsung smart TV.
- Go to Support.
- Select Software Update.
- Choose Update Software.
Solution #7 – Reset the Samsung Smart Hub
- On your Samsung remote, press the Menu or the Settings button.
- Go to Support.
- Select Self-Diagnosis.
- Choose Reset Smart Hub.
- Enter your PIN. If you don’t have one, you can enter 0000.
- Reinstall your Hulu app.
What else did you do to fix the Hulu app issue on your Samsung TV? We love to hear your solutions, so please share them with us in the comment section below.