Buying a new printer would make you expect nothing is wrong. Most printers work fine after testing it out, and they will last for months or even years without a problem. But, there is one exception for Canon printer users. Many of them encounter the Canon print job error code #853 after printing out the test page. When it comes to the real printing action, nothing comes out. The printer simply does not work.
It happens to many people, but there are ways to resolve and fix the Canon printing issue 853 on Windows 10 or 11 PC. You can bring it back to the store you bought it and have a technician check and fix it for you. But, while it will take a while for you to do that, you can try out some of the troubleshooting tips we have listed below.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Canon Print Job Error Code #853
Canon is a household name brand for printers and other computer hardware. However, no matter how reliable and famous a brand is, we cannot help experience glitches and issues from time to time. You can try to troubleshooting the issue and fix the Canon printer error message 853 yourself by following the steps below. This guide works on Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC.
Method #1 – Run Windows Troubleshooter Tool
- Click the Start button.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Look for the Printer section.
- Click Run the troubleshooter.
- After the scan is complete, click the recommended strategy to fix the error and click Apply this fix.
- Once done, check if it resolves the Canon Printer error 853.
Method #2 – Download and Install UFR II Driver from Canon
- On your browser, go to this page.
- Select the OS version for your computer.
- Click the Download button.
- After downloading, go to the file location and double-click it.
- Click Yes if asked to grant admin access.
- Now, complete the installation process of the UFR II driver.
- Restart your computer after installing the driver.
Method #3 – Change the Printer Driver’s Properties Settings
- Launch the Device Manager of your computer from your Settings menu.
- Scroll down and look for Print Queues.
- Click the drop-down arrow to expand the menu.
- Select Properties.
- Go to the Drivers tab.
- Click the drop-down menu.
- Select Canon Generic Plus UFR II.
- Click the Apply button.
Method #4 – Update your Printer Driver
- Open the Settings menu and go to the Device Manager.
- Navigate to Print Queues and expand the drop-down menu.
- Look for your printer and right-click on it.
- Select Update Driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, complete the installation.
- Restart your computer.
Method #5 – Contact Canon Support
You may also try to contact the Canon customer support team by going to this page on your browser.
Did any of the methods above work for you in fixing the Canon printer error code #853? Which one did? You can let us know by writing us a comment below.