A website that is taking some time to load on your Google Chrome browser can be frustrating. But then, you noticed that there is an error message appearing at the bottom left side saying, “Downloading Proxy Script.” It may not be a huge issue once the website is loaded and you can go back to your regular browsing activities.
The problem starts when you close your Google Chrome browser and the message recurs when you load a website. Continually, it will show the same message each time you close and relaunch your Chrome browser. Allowing this to happen can cause problems in the long run.
Why does Downloading Proxy Script Chrome Error Keeps on Showing Up
Most Windows versions are configured to automatically detect LAN settings. Google Chrome is using this setting to get the proxy settings. However, there are times when getting these proxy settings takes time. Your Chrome browser is also set to use proxy to load websites.
There are several ways on how you can fix the error message. Check out the methods below to see how you can do it.
Disable Automatic LAN Detection to Fix this Error
There are two ways on how you can disable automatic LAN detection.
Via Windows Internet Properties
- Open Windows Search and type internet options. You can also open Run command dialogue box or pressing Windows key + R. Type inetcpl.cpl and it will open Internet Properties.
- From the tabs, go to Connections.
- At the bottom, click the LAN Settings button.
- Under Automatic configuration, uncheck Automatically detect settings.
- Click OK.
- Restart your Chrome.
Via Google Chrome
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- At the upper right corner, click the Menu button or the three-dotted icon.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down the page and click Advanced at the bottom.
- Scroll down the page under you reach the System category.
- Click Open Proxy Settings. It will then open Internet Properties.
- Go to Connections and click LAN Settings.
- Uncheck Automatically detect settings and click OK.
- Restart your browser.
After you have disabled the LAN detection, you will see that your browsing speed will increase. Did the methods above helped you fix the error? Let us know in the comments below.