You’ve created a board, pinned some images, and you’re ready to start talking about your favorite recipes. However, when you go to send a message on Pinterest, the app might not be able to create a conversation for you. An error message similar to this might appear on your screen when composing your messages:
“You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.”
This article will show you how to fix this Pinterest error if you can’t send a direct message, the easy way!
The Reason for Pinterest Error when Sending a Private Message
If you’re getting an error message that says “failed to create conversation” on Pinterest and you are unable to compose and send a private or direct message to someone, it’s likely because of one or more of these reasons:
- You did not enter a valid email address.
- You did not enter a valid phone number.
- You did not enter a valid username.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Failed to Create Conversation or Can’t Send a Direct Message Issue on Pinterest
#1 Delete Pinterest Temporary files
- Go to the Settings menu on your mobile device.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Tap Temporary Files.
- Tap Delete All.
#2 Reset Your Device
To reset your mobile device:
- Navigate to Settings > General > Reset on the device.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings. This option will erase everything on the phone or tablet, including all apps, music, photos and even accounts used with apps like Facebook and Twitter.
- It’s best to back up data before doing this so that you can restore that information once you’ve set up your phone again.
- You can find more information about backing up at the Apple Support site or Google Support site for Android phones.
- The process of restoring backed-up data varies depending on which platform you use for backup (iCloud or Google Drive).
#3 Update to the latest Pinterest version
When you update your app, you’ll get the most up-to-date features and fixes to keep your Pinterest experience running smoothly. To update:
- Go to the App Store on your phone or tablet and search for “Pinterest”
- In the list of matching apps, select Pinterest and tap Update
- If there’s no option to update in this list, you may be using an older version of iOS that doesn’t support updates from iTunes (Apple devices) or Google Play (Android devices). You can also use our desktop client instead of mobile browser if you’d like.
#4 Reinstall Pinterest
To do this, you’ll have to uninstall Pinterest from your phone and then reinstall it. To uninstall the app:
- Open your Settings app
- Scroll down and choose “Apps & notifications”
- Find the app you want to uninstall in the list of apps installed on your phone. To do this, tap “See all apps”. You can also search for an app by name or keyword in this list if you don’t know where it’s located specifically.
- For example, if you’re looking for Pinterest but don’t remember its exact name or location in Settings, try searching “Pinterest” or “social media” instead—this will help narrow down your search results so that only relevant ones appear here!
- Tap on that application name once it appears within this list (again: make sure not just any old thing; only choose something relevant)”
- Verify that your internet connection is stable.
- Make sure your Pinterest account is in good standing and that you haven’t violated any of their terms and conditions.
- Finally, if the issue persists reach out to Pinterest support for further assistance.
We hope you figure out a way around this Pinterest issue! Let us know what you think in the comments section provided below.