Microsoft Teams is a reliable collaboration app used by many people and organizations. However, some users and are having issues and couldn’t sign in to Microsoft Teams due to the error code CAA2000B on their Windows 10 PC. They see either of these error messages,
“Something went wrong. We weren’t able to register your device and add your account to Windows. Your access to org resources may be limited. Error Code CAA2000B.“
“We couldn’t sign you in. If this error persists, contact your system administrator and provide the error code CAA2000B.”
How to Fix Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA2000B Login Problem on Windows 10
The error code CAA2000B appears when users try to log in to their accounts on the Microsoft Teams app on Windows 10 computer. Luckily, there are several ways to troubleshoot and fix the issue. Check out the solutions below.
Solution #1 – Restart Your Microsoft Teams Windows Desktop App
- Quit the Microsoft Teams app.
- Launch the Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Processes tab.
- Look for Microsoft Teams.
- Right-click on the app name.
- Select End task.
- Open the Microsoft Teams app to see if it works.
Solution #2 – Power Cycle Your Devices
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug the modem and router and wait for at least 1 minute.
- Plug the modem and router back in and connect to the Internet.
- Turn on your device and launch the Microsoft Teams app.
Solution #3 – Reset the Internet Settings
- Open the Search bar on your computer and type Internet Options.
- Click the Internet Options result.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Look for Reset Internet Explorer settings.
- Click the Reset button.
- Reopen Microsoft Teams and try again.
Solution #4 – Clear Your Microsoft Teams App Cache
- Open the File Explorer. You can use the search bar and type File Explorer.
- On the address bar, type %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache. Press Enter.
- Highlight all the files and delete them.
- When a confirmation message appears, click the Yes button.
- Do the same process to the following:
- %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
- %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
Solution #5 – Reinstall the Microsoft Teams App
- First, you will need to uninstall the app.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Select the Programs and features.
- Click Uninstall program.
- Look for Microsoft Teams and highlight it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Open the Search box. Type %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.
- Look for the Teams folder and right-click on it.
- Click Delete.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, download and reinstall the Microsoft Teams app from here.
Do you have other solutions that might work in fixing the error? You can share it with us down below.