Many users make Netflix streaming as part of their everyday activities. Netflix offers tons of movies and shows, giving you lots of options to choose from.
If you have encountered the Netflix error 1.20 or 1.50 while streaming on your Android phone or tablet, it means that there is an underlying issue that happened and prevented Netflix from playing the show you want to watch.
The error messages read:
“There is a problem playing the video. Please try again. (1.20)”
“There is a problem playing the video. Please try again. (1.50.429)”
Fixing Netflix Playback Errors 1.20 and 1.50 on Android
Method #1 – Sign Out and Sign Back In Again
- From the Home screen of your Netflix app, navigate to the upper left corner, and click the Menu button. You can also click the More button found at the lower right corner.
- Click Sign out.
- Wait for a few seconds, and try to sign in your account again. Now, check if the error is still there.
Method #2 – Restart Your Android Phone or Tablet
- If the first method does not work, a quick restart can help refresh your Android device.
- Close all running apps on your Android phone or tablet.
- Hold the power button down and select Power off.
- Wait for a few seconds and press the power button again to turn on your device.
- Open your Netflix app and see if you still encounter the error.
Method #3 – Clear Netflix App Data
Clearing the app data can help eliminate corrupted data in your app that may be causing the error. However, take note that clearing your app data can also delete the titles that you have downloaded before.
- Go to the home screen of your Netflix app.
- Open Settings.
- Select General.
- Click Apps or Applications.
- Look for either Manage All Apps or Manage Applications. In some devices, you will see Applications Manager.
- Look for Netflix and click to open.
- Select the Storage option.
- Click Clear Data.
- Click OK.
Method #4 – Reinstall the Netflix App on Your Phone or Tablet
If none of the other methods above worked for you, you can try to reinstall your Netflix app.
- First, uninstall your Netflix app by going to the Settings option of your Android device.
- Click Apps and look for Netflix on the list.
- Click Uninstall.
- Now, go to Google Play Store and search for Netflix.
- Click Install.
Did the methods above work for you? Let us know in the comments below which solution helped you fix the Netflix error.