When logging in to Roku, it helps to save and remember your password and username. By the time you want to access your Roku account again, you don’t have to manually enter it and sign in again.
However, some users are having trouble with Roku not remembering and saving their login info. Roku device does not save or store their passwords and usernames, so they have to enter them every time they try to sign in to their account. It becomes a time-consuming and tedious process, especially if you cannot memorize your password.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Roku Not Remembering or Storing your Login Info
Roku not remembering or storing your account login credentials is a common issue faced by many users. If you want to fix it as soon as possible, check out the methods below and follow them one at a time. Try to check if Roku starts saving your login information again.
DON’T MISS: Best Deals on Roku Devices at Amazon Right Now!
Method #1 – Restart Your Roku Device
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Go to System.
- Select System restart.
- Click OK to confirm the restart.
Method #2 – Add More Channels From Roku’s Channel Store
Believe it or not, by simply doing this quick workaround, Roku seems to begin remembering logins and passwords for some users.
- On any browser, go to https://channelstore.roku.com/browse.
- Login to your account if you have not.
- Look for any channel that you want to add on Roku.
- Select the channel and click Add.
Method #3 – Unlink & Link Your Device on Roku
- To start, change your password on your Roku account.
- Go to my.roku.com and login to your account.
- Access My Account.
- Navigate to the Account Information section.
- Select Update.
- Change your password and click Save Changes.
- Under My Account, go to the My linked devices section.
- Select Unlink to all your devices.
- Confirm your action.
- Now, restart your Roku device and try linking them again.
Method #4 – Update Your Roku Streaming Media Player
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Go to Settings and select System.
- Click System Update.
- Select Check Now and install available updates.
Method #5 – Perform a Reset on Your Roku Device
How to Soft Reset Roku
- To soft reset your Roku device, follow the sequence:
- Press the Home button five times.
- Press the Up button once.
- Press the Rewind button twice.
- Press the Fast Forward button twice.
How to Hard Reset Roku
- To perform a hard reset on a Roku device, go to Settings.
- Select System and click Advanced System Settings.
- Click Factory Reset.
Note that a factory or hard reset process will delete your personal information and reset your Roku settings to their default values.
CHECK THIS OUT: Roku TV & Streaming Players are on Sale at Walmart
Do you have other solutions that may work in fixing this Roku login error? You can share them with other users by writing them below in the comments section.