The video conferencing and messaging software Microsoft Teams requires some learning curve for most users. But once you get familiar with all its features, you can easily find your way around Teams and enjoy its perks to the fullest.
However, despite all its promising benefits, Microsoft Teams still leaves many users scratching their heads, especially when they encounter error codes CAA50021 and CAA50024. Check out the following tips on how to fix or get rid of these error messages on Teams.
Disable your Antivirus for the Time Being to Fix Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA50021 and CAA50024
CAA50021 and CAA50024 are error codes that show up on Teams because of antivirus-related concerns. If this is the case, disabling your antivirus in the meantime might be able to help.
- Click the icon for the Start Menu.
- Go to the search bar and type in Windows Security and then click Open.
- Choose Firewall and Network Protection and click on Public Network.
- Look for Microsoft Defender Firewall then toggle its off button.
You also need to disable your third-party antivirus program if you are using one. After you do so, try to sign back into Microsoft Teams to see if the error code is gone.
Connect your Device to a School or Work Account on Microsoft Teams
Linking the device where you are using MS Teams to a school or work account may also fix the error messages. Here’s how to do it:
- Click the Windows key and choose Settings.
- On the left pane, choose Accounts and click the Access Work or School option on the right pane.
- Select the Connect option beside Access Work or School.
- Simply follow the ensuing prompts on the screen for your device to connect with Azure.
Have your Device Re-registered with Azure
Microsoft Azure, or simply Azure, is an online portal and cloud computing platform that lets you manage and access Microsoft-provided resources and services. Error codes CAA50021 and CAA50024 may likely occur because of your Azure registration. If it happens to be the case for you, a re-registration might be necessary.
- Click the Windows key.
- Go to the search bar and type cmd.
- Click on the option Run as administrator.
- Go to the location that follows then delete MS-Organization-Access as well as MS-Organization-P2P-Access entries: Current User\Personal\Certificates.
- Return to the window for Command Prompt and key in dsregcmd /status.
- There should be a No status for AzureAdJoined.
- Go back and click the Windows key again.
- Go to the search bar, type Task Scheduler, and then click Open.
- Go to Task Scheduler Library and choose Microsoft.
- Choose the option for Windows and click on Workplace Join located below it.
- Right-click on Automatic-Device-Join task to open it and choose Enable.
Error codes CAA50021 and CAA50024 on Microsoft Teams may hinder you from taking full advantage of the software. The steps listed above may be able to help you fix the issue and get rid of these error messages once and for all.