One of the most eagerly awaited video games among Harry Potter fans worldwide is Hogwarts Legacy. The company that made it was Avalanche Software. It is a Popular open-world action role-playing game.
This game has a large user base. And because of that, more folks are having problems. The game crashing during startup is one of the most frequent problems users encounter. On top of that, the game may randomly get stuck on the loading screen while launching it on Windows PC.
To assist you to keep playing Hogwarts Legacy, we gathered potential fixes. But before that, let us first discuss the causes to prevent it from happening.
Factors Affecting Hogwarts Legacy Not Launching & Startup Crashing Issues on PC
- There may be temporary bugs, problems with the game files, or even problems with your computer.
- PC specification compatibility concerns could also cause this error.
- Outdated game and game launcher versions
- Overclocked CPU/GPU and overlay programs.
- Insufficient graphics drivers and unnecessary background running tasks.
- Blocking by a firewall or antivirus software.
- Issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.
How to Combat this Issue & Fix Hogwarts Legacy Game Won’t Launch or Keeps Crashing on Startup
Restart your Windows Computer
Before you start any of these fixes, do this first, as it might fix the error on your Hogwarts Legacy game.
Close and Restart steam
Exit Steam and end it via Task Manager to ensure it has been closed. Relaunch the game after restarting Steam.
Check for Updates
Confirm that the Steam, Hogwarts Legacy app, and your operating system are updated to the latest available version.
Close Any Unneeded Windows or Tasks
To help your device process quickly and avoid delay, close everything except Steam. Also, deactivate third-party overlay because, similar to the processes launched whenever you start the game, they use many system resources.
Check System Requirements for the Game
Ensure your PC meets the game’s system requirements because any incompatibility could result in startup crashes or problems with the game not running. A 64-bit operating system, processor, and RAM of 16 GB are necessary for Hogwart Legacy to function correctly. Upgrade it if you discover any incompatibilities.
Disable your Antivirus Temporarily
The game files are frequently mistaken for harmful software by antivirus programs. Although it doesn’t happen with every gamer, it might be what is happening to you. After disabling it, try running the game if it fixes the error.
Verify & Check Hogwarts Legacy Game Files on your PC
Check the game files.
- Go to your Steam library.
- Right-click on Hogwarts Legacy.
- Navigate the properties button.
- Go to Personal files.
- Then, check the game files’ integrity.
- Restart for the changes to become effective.
Be Sure that the GPU Drivers are Updated to the Latest Versions
These graphics support your game, which is why it is vital to keep this up to date. Download them from the correct locations, Nvidia and AMD.
- Go to the quick-access menu
- Then select Device Manager
- Expand Display adapters by double-clicking them.
- Open the graphics that you are using
- Go to the Update Driver Menu
Turn Off Full-screen Enhancements
- Open Steam and go to its Library
- Right-click on the game
- Then select Manage
- Then go to browse local files
- Locate the installed folder of Hogwarts Legacy
- Right-click on SlimeRancher2.exe
- Choose Properties
- Then disable full screen to the compatibility tab.
Uninstall Hogwarts Legacy App
By uninstalling the game from your computer, you can clear its cache at the same time which usually helps a lot when it comes to fixing crashing issues.
Free up Some Storage Space
Delete files and games that you do not use anymore to free up the storage space on your Windows computer.
Activate Compatibility Mode on Hogwarts Legacy
- Right-click on Hogwarts Legacy
- Select Properties
- Then Click “Run this program in compatibility mode.”
- And apply.
Create & Send a Bug Report to the Developers
If you have tried everything and you’re still unable to play, contact them and file a bug report with the Hogwarts Legacy customer support team so they can learn as much as they can about the problem and offer a solution.