Adding a payment method, may it be, a debit or credit card, or bank account on Google Play allows users to make in-app purchases when needed. Unfortunately, there have been cases when people encounter errors updating their Google Pay payment methods and when attempting to make payment for the services. Common example of these failed payment request problems on Google Play are error codes OR-CCSEH-21 and OR-CCSEH-26.
The error code OR-CCSEH-21 shows the following error message, “Your request failed. Use a different payment method, or contact us. Learn more [OR-CCSEH-21].”
Another error message says; “The card issuer rejected this request. Contact your bank or use another payment method. More information [OR-CCSEH-26].”
How to Troubleshoot & Resolve Error Code OR-CCSEH-21 & OR-CCSEH-26 Payment Methods Issue on Google Play
If you experience problems with your payment details on Google Play using Google Pay as the payment method, you can troubleshoot the issue with several solutions below and try to fix it.
These solutions may also work if you encounter a failed payment request error message on Google Cloud, Google Workspace, YouTube, and other Google services. Follow the methods below on how to fix Google Pay payment issues and use a different payment method.
Solution #1 – Clear Google Play Store Cache
- Launch the Settings menu of your Android device.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Google Play Store.
- Choose Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Tap Clear Data.
Solution #2 – Verify your Payment Information.
- On any web browser, go to https://payments.google.com.
- Login to your account.
- Choose Subscriptions and Services.
- Navigate to Other Shopping Activity.
- Choose View Purchases.
- Click or tap Google Play.
- Select Payment Methods.
- Check your existing payment information.
Solution #3 – Add a New Payment Method
- Open any web browser and go to https://payments.google.com.
- Login to your account.
- Select Subscriptions and Services.
- Go to Other Shopping Activity.
- Select View Purchases.
- Select Google Play.
- Choose Payment Methods.
- Add a new credit card to your account.
Solution #4 – Remove and Re-Add your Google Account
- Go to the Settings menu of your device.
- Navigate to Accounts.
- Select Google.
- Choose the account you want to remove.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Remove account.
- Now, go back to Accounts.
- Select Add Account.
- Choose Google.
- Add your account.
Solution #5 – Check with your Bank
It can be a problem with your bank account. You can verify with your bank concerning the payment issue you are getting with Google Pay. Some banks decline transactions depending on various reasons only them can explain.
Solution #6 – Contact Google Play Support
- Open any web browser and go to https://support.google.com/googleplay/gethelp.
- Fill in your details.
- Choose how you want to contact Google Play support.
If you want to call them, you can try their toll-free number at (855) 466-4438.
Was the article helpful? You can tell us in the comment section below.