A lot of Google Cloud users are facing an error with their billing accounts. They encounter the error codes OR-3DSRFT-08 & OR-CAVT-01 showing the payment error message, “Cannot add billing in Google Cloud. An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. [OR-3DSRFT-08]”.
Some Google Pay users get this error message, “An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. [OR-CAC-01]”.
According to users, they cannot compete filling out the billing details for their account sign-up process on Google Cloud due to the error on their screen. Some users cannot authenticate their credit card or bank information or get stuck doing so.
How to Troubleshoot & Resolve OR-3DSRFT-08 & OR-CAVT-01 Google Cloud Payment Errors
The Google Cloud payment error codes are difficult issues to troubleshoot and fix. However, you can try fixing the problem yourself with the solutions and workaround we have gathered below. These methods may also work if you experience one of the same error code when setting up payment options for a different Google service.
Solution #1 – Use a Different Browser
Perhaps the problem is with the current web browser you are using. According to some users, they tried switching to other browsers and fixed the error. You can try using Mozilla Firefox if you are using a different one.
Solution #2 – Change your Payment Method
- On your browser, go to https://console.cloud.google.com/billing.
- Check the Terms of Service.
- Click or tap the Agree and Continue button.
- Now, add a new billing account.
- You can use PayPal or other credit card information as a payment method.
Solution #3 – Check your Email if you need to Verify your Payment Account
Open your email client and see if there is a message from Google to verify your payment method. It may be one of the reasons why you cannot go through your Google Cloud payment. Follow the instructions on the email and submit your documents if needed.
Solution #4 – Sign Up on Google Cloud Using your Google Workspace Account
You can try signing up on Google Cloud if you have a Google Workspace account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up using the email address of your domain. Make sure you use your domain on Google Workspace. Verify your domain ownership on Google Workspace to finish the signup process. Now, using your Google Workspace email, sign up on Google Cloud.
Solution #5 – Try Buying a Different Google Service First
Before you start setting up a new billing account on Google Cloud, you can try purchasing a Google service first with a new payment profile.
- First, close the current payment profile you have on Google Pay.
- Next, create a new payment profile with the same information on your Google account.
- Then, try to purchase a service on Google using the new payment profile.
- Lastly, sign up on Google Cloud and create a new billing account.
Solution #6 – File a Support with Google Cloud Support
No matter what solutions you try, you can ask for support from Google Cloud customer service if the error continues.
- On your web browser, go to https://cloud.google.com/support-hub/.
- Click or tap File a Support Case.
- Check the terms of service and email updates.
- Click or tap Agree and Continue.
- Now, you can submit a case about your Google Cloud payment error.
- If you want to chat or call customer support, click or tap the Contact Sales button from the Support Hub window.
Were you able to fix the Google Cloud payment error and complete your billing and account setup? What did you do to bypass the Google Pay issues with your bank or credit card? You can tell us your experience in the comment section below. Other users might benefit from what you learned regarding this Google payment problem.