PayPal is one of the most trusted payment gateways for businesses and individuals alike. Thanks to the service, sending and receiving money online has never been easier.
However, despite the team’s best efforts, the service still encounters some major issues that users find frustrating. Error codes 10417, 10411, and 10412 in particular bring about a serious headache.
Best Solutions to Troubleshoot Error Code 10417, 10411, or 10412 Payment Declined Issue on PayPal
Since these errors are all related to declining payments, it’s important to learn how to fix them right away.
What is PayPal Error Code 10417
Error code 10417 in PayPal means that the transaction cannot be completed. It also instructs the customer to try doing the transaction again with an alternative method of payment from their PayPal wallet.
It also states that the transaction wasn’t completed with the chosen payment method of the customer.
There are several reasons for this error. These include the following:
- The Commercial Entity Agreement wasn’t accepted by the customer before the deadline.
- The credit card of the customer didn’t pass bank authorization.
- The order’s final total substantially goes beyond the original estimated amount that you sent in the Set Express Checkout API call. In cases like this, the transaction probably failed the anti-fraud and risk measures of PayPal.
How to Fix PayPal Error Code 10417
To fix this error, there are a few solutions you can try:
- Inform the customer that the payment wasn’t processed by PayPal, and provide other methods of payment for the customer to choose from. In case the customer has no other source of funding in PayPal that will likely succeed, instruct them to reach out to PayPal Customer Service with the Email Us or Call Us links on the Contact Customer Service page. Customers can receive the information through email for automatic payments.
- Confirm that the API code correctly passes the line item values to ensure that their total will match the specific value of the order total.
- Ensure that the customer accepted and submitted the Commercial Entity Agreement to PayPal.
Ways to Troubleshoot PayPal Error Code 10411
Error code 10411 in PayPal is related to the expiration of an Express Checkout session and the token value is not valid anymore. This error occurs if you didn’t complete your payment within the 3-hour default timeline of the Express Checkout token.
To fix this issue, verify that you’re doing the correct Express Checkout API call.
Top Solutions to Resolve PayPal Error Code 10412
Error code 10412 has something to do with a duplicate invoice. It states that the request was rejected by PayPal gateway because the payment was already made for the invoice ID.
To fix the problem, follow these steps:
- Go to your PayPal account.
- Click My Account.
- Select Profile.
- Choose My Selling Tools.
- Click Credit Card Statement Name.
- Select “Allow multiple payments per invoice ID.”
PayPal has truly changed the name of the game when it comes to online transactions. However, error codes may still occur at times that may affect your payment processes. Follow the steps above to fix error codes 10417, 1041, and 10412.