Roblox opens up an online world of possibilities and creativity through a video game. Enter a new dimension that will enhance your artistic mindset and wander into the limitless corners of your mind. Roblox makes it happen for you in a community where you can meet like-minded people.
But, there may be server connection issues you might encounter along the way while playing the Roblox video game on Windows 10/11 PC, iPhone/iOS, or Android mobile phone. You may get the error code 279 ID=17 connection failure or error code 277 game disconnected. Both pertain to Internet connection problems or server failure but may also have other factors causing them.
For Roblox error code 277, you may see the error message, “Disconnected. Lost connection to the game server, please reconnect (Error Code:277).”
Error code 279 on the other hand will show the message, “Failed to connect to the Game, ID = 17: Connection attempt failed, Error Code 279.”
How to Fix Roblox Game Server Connection Problems with Error Code 279 ID=17 or 277 on Windows PC or Mobile Phone
RECOMMENDED: Refill your Robux balance & get an exclusive item at Amazon!
Since it is an Internet connection failed or disconnected issue, you may want to check your network and see if it is working fine. However, there may be other factors triggering the error, so best to try other ways to resolve the issue.
Solution #1 – Power Cycle your Devices
- Turn off your device and unplug your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 1 minute before plugging them back in.
- Turn on your device and connect to the Internet.
- Launch Roblox and try again.
Solution #2 – Switch to a Different Device
If you are using a web browser to play on Roblox on your Windows computer, try using a different browser if it works. If not, you can switch to the desktop or mobile phone app and try playing from there. If you have an alternative network, you can also try to connect to a different WiFI Internet to rule out network-specific issues.
SEE ALSO: How to Disable HD Rumble on Nintendo Switch
Solution #3 – Disable your Antivirus on Windows 10/11
While Antivirus on Windows 10 or 11 PC helps in protecting our devices from malware, it also prevents apps from going through. You can try to disable your antivirus and check if it resolves the Roblox error. To turn off your Windows Firewall, follow the steps below.
- On the Search option, enter Windows Firewall.
- Turn off Windows Defender Firewall. Disable the Windows Defender Firewall both on the Private and Public Network Setting.
- Click OK.
- Restart your device.
RECOMMENDED: Get an exclusive virtual item with every Roblox Gift Card purchase from Amazon!
Solution #4 – Update your Roblox App on iOS, Android or PC
- Go to Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Look for Roblox and install available updates.
- If you are using a web browser, you may want to install its latest version.
Solution #5 – Reinstall your Roblox App
If none of the methods above work, try to reinstall the app if you are using it. Uninstall it first from your device. Then, go to Google Play Store, iOS App Store, or Microsoft Store and look for Roblox. Tap Install.
Solution #6 – Run in Compatibility Mode in Windows 10/11
- Look for the Roblox app on your Windows 10/11 PC.
- Right-click on the app icon.
- Select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Look for Run this program in compatibility mode for and check the box.
- Select the Windows version you want.
- Click Apply.
- Check if it works. If not, launch the Search option.
- Enter Run programs.
- Select Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
- It will ask you to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. Click Next.
- Click Roblox from the list of apps.
- Click Next.
- Click the troubleshooting option.
- After following the troubleshooting instructions, click Test the program.
Which of the solutions above fixed your Roblox server connection error? We would love to know which method works. Please write to us in the comment section below.
RECOMMENDED: Refill your Robux balance & get an exclusive virtual item at Amazon!