When you need to present some work slides in your office or host an online class for school, you can always rely on Microsoft PowerPoint presentation for a professional outcome. With its interactive and customizable slides, you can create a powerful presentation that will put your visions into a reality.
Sometimes, we get too caught up with making our slide presentable and we forget how long the overall outcome becomes. If you want to limit the number of words on your MS PowerPoint slides, you can check and get the word count information.
How to Find Microsoft PowerPoint Word Count Feature to Get the Number of Words in your Presentation
Microsoft PowerPoint, like other Microsoft Office 365 suite apps, allows you to count the number of words that appear on your slides, clips, and notes. You can find the Word Count tool both in MS Office desktop app for Windows 10 PC and Mac computer. Please note that PowerPoint version for the web doesn’t support the word-count feature.
Check out the steps below to find out how you can use it to get your slideshow word count.
Check Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Word Count Information on Windows 10 PC
You can find both the word count on your slides and note pages. There is also an option where you can only count the words in your notes pages. To count only the words on your notes pages, you need to send it to Microsoft Word.
- To check the word count on both slides and note pages, here are the steps.
- Launch Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation.
- Open the presentation that you want to count.
- Click File.
- On the left panel, scroll down and select Info.
- Go to the bottom and click Show All Properties.
- From there, you will see all the word count details.
- To check the word count only on your note pages, follow these steps.
- Go to the presentation that you want to count.
- On the left panel, select Export.
- Click Create Handouts.
- Select Create Handouts.
- The Send to Microsoft Word dialog box will appear.
- Click the page layout that you want to count.
- Click Paste if you want to send content unchanged even when the original presentation updates. Click Paste Link to send content that changes based on the updates of the presentation.
- Click OK.
Find & Get Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Word Count on Mac Computer
If you are using an iMac or MacBook computer to create your PowerPoint presentations, you can also check the Word Count feature on the macOS app. Here are the steps below.
- Launch Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Go to the presentation you want to count.
- Select Files.
- Click Properties.
- Select Statistics.
- From there, you will see all the details regarding the word count.
Are you using Windows or Mac to create your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation? How was your experience? We value your opinion, so kindly drop them down below.