We can increase our productivity thanks to handy tools like Keynote. When you need to create a presentation on your Apple device, Keynote is the perfect app for you.
However, there are situations when you need to open your .key files on a Windows 10 PC. You may have created a presentation on your Keynote app. But when it comes to presenting it, the situation calls that you need to use a Windows 10 computer.
Similar circumstances happen to some people. You need to be flexible and find a way, especially if it is an urgent matter for work or school. Fortunately, you can open and convert your KEY files on a Windows computer and convert them into PPT files so you can launch or view them on a PC.
Methods to Open & Convert Keynote Files to PowerPoint Format on Windows 10 Computer
There are several options available for you to open your Keynote files on Windows operating system including converting them into a PowerPoint slides format. Read each of the methods below and follow which one is more convenient and easy for you.
Method #1 – Export the .key File as PPT on your Keynote App
- Launch your Keynote app.
- Open the file that you want to convert.
- Click the File option in the menu bar.
- Select Export As.
- Choose PowerPoint.
- Now, save the file as .ppt.
Method #2 – Use iCloud to Open the Keynote File on PC
- On your web browser on Windows 10 computer, go to icloud.com.
- Sign in your Apple ID.
- Select the Keynote icon.
- On the top, click the Gear icon.
- Select Upload Presentation.
- Look for your Keynote file and open it.
- You can also download a copy.
- In the upper right corner, click the Wrench icon.
- Select Download a copy.
- Choose the PowerPoint format.
- Select the file location.
Method #3 – Open your .key File on Google Slides
- Launch Google Slides.
- Click the Plus button to create a new slide.
- Click File.
- Select Open.
- Go to the Upload tab.
- Select Upload from my computer.
- Upload your .key file.
Method #4 – Download a File Converter
You can use several online file viewers and converters or apps to convert your .key file to a .ppt presentation format. Some examples of file converter tools available for you are:
It is also possible to use tools like File Viewer Lite and LibreOffice to open your Keynote file on Windows 10.
Do you have other ways to open or convert Keynote files to PowerPoint format on PC? You can share your methods with us to help other users as well. Please write us a comment below.