PlayStation 5 is one of the most desired and sought-after gaming consoles all over the world recently. With every cool package comes the sleek and slim PS5 console and the DualSense wireless controller. There is incredible performance on game loading, adaptive triggers, 3D Audio, and haptic feedback. Gamers can take their games to a whole new level of experience.
To maximize the performance and functions of your PlayStation 5, it is advisable to update the console’s system software version whenever available. New updates increase system performance and let you enjoy better features to augment your gaming experience.
Gaming consoles are not the only device that you need to update and enhance. Your DualSense Bluetooth controller also needs improvement through regular firmware updates. Fortunately, Sony makes it easier for you to upgrade your controller through push notifications.
How to Upgrade your PS5 DualSense Controller’s Device Software or Firmware to the Latest Version
Updating your PS5 DualSense Controller will make it more compatible and functional for your PS5 gaming console. But, you need not stress about how you can download and install any pending updates on your DualSense wireless game controller.
Once a new software version is available, your PS5 will automatically send a push notification to inform you of the firmware update. All you have to do is wait for it to notify you.
- Once you receive a notification of a new update, you can plug in your DualSense controller to your PS5 console using a USB cable to manually update your device’s firmware.
- Please note that installing updates will not work wirelessly. It will not also work without your PS5 connected.
- Next, select the Update Now button. If it is not a good time for you, choose the Notify After 24 Hours option.
- Wait for your PS5 to begin the update process. Note that you should never unplug your controller during the download.
- Once the process completes, it will return to the home screen. You can unplug your controller and enjoy the updates.
That’s it! Now, you can update your PS5 controller each time a new firmware version is available for download. It only takes a few minutes to wait for the installation process.
How is your gaming experience with the PS5 so far? You can share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.