Apple has been slowly but surely integrating its various products and services on third party apps, and one of the latest examples is the integration of Apple Passkey with PayPal. Passkeys allow Apple users to use your fingerprint or Face ID to login into your PayPal account on your iPhone, iPad tablet, or Mac computer.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to set up and use your Apple Passkey logins on PayPal app for iOS with iOS 16 devices or through the website using Safari browser. You can then sign in to your Paypal account using your iPhone or iPad mobile devices and macOS computer with passkeys without the need for usernames and passwords. So read on for everything you need to know about using Apple Pay with PayPal!
What is Apple Passkey Login?
Apple Passkey Login allows you to use your Apple ID and password to log in to your PayPal account on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. This means that you don’t have to remember a separate username and password for PayPal.
How to Set up & Use a More Secure Apple Passkey Login to Sign in to PayPal on iPhone, iPad & Mac Devices
If you’re an iPhone, iPad, or Mac user, you can now use Apple’s Passkey login feature to log in to your PayPal account as the payment service now supports the new technology. Here’s how to enable and start using the more secure way to sign in to your Paypal account on Apple devices:
- Open the PayPal app and tap the “Log In” button.
- On the next screen, tap the “Use Apple Passkey” option.
- Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
- Once logged in, you’ll be able to access all of your PayPal features and transactions as usual.
How to Set up Apple Pay on Your iPhone or iPad
Setting up Apple Pay on your iPhone or iPad is easy and only takes a few minutes.
- Open the Settings app on your device and tap on Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap on Add Credit or Debit Card.
- Enter your card information and tap Next.
- Verify your card by either calling your bank or entering the verification code they send you. Once your card is verified, you’re all set to start using Apple Pay!
How to Use Apple Pay with Touch ID on Your iPhone or iPad
In order to use Apple Pay with Touch ID on your iPhone or iPad, you must first ensure that you have Touch ID enabled on your device. To do this,
- Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that the “Use Touch ID for Apple Pay” setting is turned on.
- Once Touch ID is enabled, using Apple Pay with PayPal is easy.
- When you’re ready to pay, simply hold your iPhone or iPad up to the contactless reader with your finger on the Touch ID sensor.
- The amount of the purchase will be charged to your PayPal account automatically.
- If you’re using an iPhone 8 or earlier or an iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation) or earlier, double-click the Side button instead of holding it down.
How to Use Apple Pay with Face ID on Your iPhone X or Later Models
Assuming you have an iPhone X or later models, Apple Pay, and Face ID set up, here’s how to use them to log in to PayPal:
- Open the PayPal app and go to the login screen
- Tap on the “Log In with Face ID” button
- Hold your iPhone X up to your face so that Face ID can scan it
- If successful, you’ll be logged in automatically! If not, you’ll be prompted to enter your password instead.
There you have it! A complete guide on how to use Apple Pay to log in to PayPal on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac laptops and desktop computers.
Whether you’re using it for the first time or are a seasoned user, we hope this guide has been helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.