Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041.1 (20H1) to Fast and Slow ring insiders, that includes more languages for the Quick Searches.
This Insider update also includes other features, improvements, and various fixes.
If you’re a Windows Insider in the Fast or Slow ring, you can update to the Build 19041 by going to:
- Update & Security
- Windows Update
There you can check for the latest update.
What’s New in this Build
Quick Searches Becomes International
Last month, Microsoft announced a new quick search feature available from Search Home that makes it quick and easy to find answers and results online. Today, we’d like to share that experience from EN-US to:
- Australia: English
- Canada: English and French
- China: Chinese (Simplified)
- France: French
- Germany: German
- India: English
- Italy: Italian
- Japan: Japanese
- Mexico: Spanish
- Spain: Spanish
- United Kingdom: English
- United States: English
Use the Quick Searches to find out more about the weather, current news, today’s history, new movies, and sometimes a seasonal topic or an interesting quiz. Depending on which market you are in, you will see two to four of these options.
To try one or all of these searches, click on the search box in the taskbar or click on the Windows logo + S button to open the home page. Do you need answers and results for further research? Just type in the information you need to login and you’ll get it quickly and easily.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.This doesn’t mean we’re done…
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in an increased number of Insiders experiencing rollbacks (error code 0xc1900101) when upgrading to recent builds.
- Microsoft fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in a crash when trying to log into a secondary account on your device.
- Microsoft fixed an issue when using the Japanese IME in certain Office apps that could result in the candidate window not appearing when using reconversion.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that could result in win32 apps experiencing an unexpected increase in CPU usage if left idle after having opened the Common File Dialog.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- Microsoft is looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Microsoft is looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- Microsoft is looking into reports of the Optimize Drives Control Panel incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.
Find the official announcement of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041 on the Microsoft Insider blog.