If you’re interested in canceling your YouTube Premium subscription or membership free trial account, there are a few different ways you can do it. You can cancel or unsubscribe to your paid YouTube streaming plan on your Windows PC, iPhone or iOS device, or Android mobile phone.
Keep in mind that if you cancel your YouTube Premium subscription, you will still be able to listen and have access to YouTube Music Premium content. If you want to cancel both services, you’ll need to do so by managing it from your Google Play Music account.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to manage and unsubscribe or cancel your YouTube Premium subscription or free trial membership plan on each type of device using the streaming app or the YouTube website.
How to Remove & Stop your YouTube Premium Subscription on Windows Desktop PC
- Open YouTube Website and sign in.
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, select “YouTube settings.”
- On the left side of the screen, select “Paid memberships.”
- Under “Memberships,” click “Cancel membership.”
- Confirm that you want to cancel by clicking “Continue to cancellation.”
- Enter your password when prompted and click “Confirm.”
- That’s it! Your YouTube Premium subscription will be canceled, and you will revert back to a free account.
How to Unsubscribe & Cancel your YouTube Premium Membership Plan on iPhone or iOS Devices
- On your iPhone, open the YouTube app for iOS and sign in to your Google account if prompted. Tap on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings.” Under “Account,” tap on “Manage your Google account.”
- On the next screen, select “Billing & payments.”
- Under “Subscriptions,” find YouTube Premium and tap on it.
- On the next screen, tap on “Cancel subscription” and confirm when prompted.
- Your YouTube Premium subscription will now be canceled.
How to Manage, Cancel & Stop YouTube Premium Subscription & Membership Plan on Android Devices
- Open the YouTube app.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “YouTube Premium” in the menu that appears.
- Tap on “Cancel Membership” at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm that you want to cancel your subscription by tapping on “Continue.”
Why Can’t I Cancel my YouTube Premium Account?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to stop your YouTube Premium subscription. If you signed up for YouTube Premium through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, you’d need to cancel your subscription through those platforms. You can find instructions on how to do that here:
If you’re still having trouble canceling your subscription, it’s possible that you subscribed using a different email address than the one you’re currently signed in with. In that case, you’ll need to sign in with the correct email address to cancel your subscription.
Finally, if you subscribed to YouTube Premium through YouTube TV, you’ll need to cancel your subscription through YouTube TV.
Does YouTube Premium have a Yearly Subscription Plan?
Yes, YouTube Premium has a yearly subscription option. You can cancel your membership at any time of the year.
If you’re interested in unsubscribing or canceling your YouTube Premium subscription or free trial membership, there are a few different ways you can go about it. You can cancel it directly from your PC computer, iPhone device, or Android mobile phone, and the process is relatively simple in each case. We hope this article has helped give you the information you need to make an informed decision about whether or not YouTube Premium is right for you. Thanks for reading!