It was way back in January 2021 when Samsung decided to take a dip into the world of smart trackers. The brand announced the launch of SmartTag, a tiny tracker powered by Bluetooth that you can easily attach to your personal belongings to help you locate them fast if you lost or misplaced them.
Sadly, two years after the launch of the device, some users have been reporting issues about their SmartTag not beeping or ringing their phones.
Troubleshoot Samsung SmartTag Not Beeping or Ringing Phone Error
Do you have the same problem on Samsung SmartTag? If yes, then, you might want to continue reading below and discover a few fixes you can try.
Change Your Samsung SmartTag’s Battery
For all you know, your Samsung SmartTag might not be beeping or ringing your phone because its battery is already old or has run out of juice. You can consider replacing your SmartTag’s Battery with a new one and charging your device afterward to see if it solves the problem.
Clear the Cache of Your SmartThings App
Cache files may also interfere with the performance of your SmartTag. One of the steps you can take is to use your Samsung Galaxy device and clear the cache of your SmartThings app where your SmartTag is connected.
- Go to your Samsung Galaxy’s Settings menu and look for the Apps option.
- Choose SmartThings and click Force Stop.
- Proceed to Storage and select Clear Cache followed by Clear Data.
Remove or Delete SmartTag and Add It Again
- Launch the SmartThings app on your Samsung device and choose Samsung SmartTag.
- Click on the three dots located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Edit button.
- Choose Delete and Remove Samsung SmartTag.
- Add it once again to your device and see if it will solve the issue.
Uninstall and Reinstall the SmartThings App
- On the home screen of your device, look for the icon for the SmartThings app.
- Press and hold the icon to launch the menu.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Go to the Google Play Store to install the app again.
- Launch the app and see if it already beeps or rings your phone.
Reset Samsung SmartTag
Performing a reset of your SmartTag may also help fix the problem of it not ringing or beeping your phone.
- Start by removing your SmartTag’s battery. Locate the button found in the middle.
- Press then hold this as you reinsert the battery. Remember that the device shouldn’t produce any sound. Start from the first step again if it does.
- Once you’ve successfully done it, hold the button for 5 seconds before releasing the button.
- Cover the battery again and see if the problem is gone.
Update SmartThings App
You can also use your Samsung Galaxy phone to update your SmartThings app.
- Go to the Google Play Store and click the Menu icon.
- Proceed to My Apps & Games and choose Updates.
- Select SmartThings and install updates if there are any available.
Your Samsung SmartTag will be as good as useless if it doesn’t beep or ring your phone. Make sure you try the solutions above and make your device useful and helpful once again.