Like any other smart devices these days, you need to perform maintenance activities like clearing app cache and cookies on your LG smart TV to make it work at its best.
This simple yet effective method can boost your device’s performance significantly. Not only that, but it can also fix some common issues you are facing with your LG smart TV including the “Out Of Memory” error message.
Deleting your LG smart TV cache and cookies need to be done on a regular basis to get the most out of your device and to avoid disruption when you are enjoying your movies or TV shows.
How to Clear App Cache Data on your LG Smart TV with webOS
The LG webOS platform does not offer a direct way to clear app cache and data like you do with an Android TV or Roku TV. However there are two ways to accomplish the same effect especially if you are getting memory or storage issues on your LG TV.
Turn Off your LG Smart TV to Clear App Cache and Store Session Data
- Simply turn your LG Smart TV off and then turn it back on.
- By doing so, it will clear the system memory. It will also close all your recent apps and delete their stored session data.
Close Apps Running in the Background to Clear Cache and Memory Data
If you don’t want to close all the apps you’ve recently opened, you can easily close an individual app to clear the cache. Identify the app that is running in the background that you want to terminate. To close an app on your LG Smart TV do the following:
- Click the “X (close)” button on the upper right corner of the screen to terminate the app.
- You can also hover over one of the Recent tiles in the Recent Preview area.
- The “X (close)” button appears on the top of the tile. Click it to terminate the app.
How to Delete Browsing Data, Cache and Cookies on your LG Smart TV
LG Smart TV allows you to browse the internet using its built-in browser. However, as most browsers would do, your device saves your browsing data. This includes browser cookies, temporary internet files or cache, history and other information. Learn how to completely delete them from your smart TV regularly using the steps below:
DON’T MISS: AMAZON HAS AMAZING DEALS ON LG TVS RIGHT NOW!
- From your Home screen, open the Web Browser app.
- Then, click Menu > Settings.
- In the settings, you can toggle the Private Browsing button to On if you want to avoid accumulating so much browsing data in the future.
- Then, click on the Clear Browsing Data button to clear your cache and cookies.
- Click OK to confirm.
Your LG smart TV is now spick and span. Ready to take you along for the next binge-watching sessions with the baggage of previous app cache and browsing cookies completely gone.
Editor’s Note: Updated August 24, 2020